Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What's the best tablet out there?

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 7:31 PM
  • 14 Replies
I have a kindle fire hd and love it to death! I got it for Christmas in 2012. Before that was the regular kindle fire and DH had an iPad which he sold because the kindle did everything plus MORE!

Which tablets do you own? And which tablets do the kids have?
by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 7:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JBiiirdD
by No Day but Today on Mar. 8, 2014 at 7:33 PM
I have a Kindle Fire my dad gifted me for Christmas a year or so ago and my marido has a Nook I got him for his birthday. Our littles don't have their own, they use ours under supervision.
KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 7:33 PM

I have the original Kindle Fire myself, which works great to download college books onto, and surf the web. I do want to get an ipad mini this summer. I like Apple better than android though. I find I use my iphone a lot more than I use my Kindle.

My kids use our iphones and my Kindle for games.

BostonGirl0301
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 7:35 PM
I have the Nook HD and love it. I find it way easier to use than DH's Kindle Fire.
Tuned.Out
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 7:36 PM

My son and I both have Samsung Galaxy tabs. And my  husband has a Windows tab.  I prefer the Samsung.  

It really depends on what you are going to use it for. Is it just for entertainment and basics like watching tv/movies, casual games, CM'ing, and that sort of thing. Or do you also need the ability to edit or create word documents, excel sheets, and the like? 

Rhodin
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 7:38 PM
I had a Kindle Fire HD. Then, YDD discovered Dr. Panda, and I haven't seen it since.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2014 at 7:41 PM

My kids have my old nook, My husband has my old Samsung galaxy tab 2 and I had/have (my dad kinda jacked it for now) a Samsung Note 8.0.

hotwife1
by Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 8:43 PM
DD researched and bought herself a NEXUS 7 (with our help and approval) a little over a year ago (she was 11) and she loves it. She uses it for school work, games, and researching things. The kids and I bought DH a NEXUS 7 last summer for his b-day. He likes it too. Uses it for just surfing and sometimes does work on it.
Sept-babies2
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 8:45 PM
Samsung galaxy tab 3 lite. Love it!
hotwife1
by Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:27 PM
Almost forgot, older DD has 2 IPads that she loves (she's an Apple girl). One is hers that she bought 2 years ago and the other one is her school issued one. She uses them for school work, watching reruns of her favorite shows, Facebook, face time, and sometimes games.
olliesmommy2
by Metal Awareness on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:29 PM
We have a nexus 7 for us, and one for the kid. We've only had them since the beginning of the year, but we really like them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)