Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

PTSD Trigger- Feeling ignored, not being heard.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies

Anyone else struggle with this? It's the worst feeling ever!! And most of the time the person isnt intentionally ignoring me, yet it still hurts me to the core.

i really just need someone to talk to..

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:23 PM

bump

curvygurl1912
by Renee on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:26 PM

hugs

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:28 PM

My PTSD is because of my traumatic childhood. I was ignored everyday all day.

Quoting Anonymous: I know the feeling, but didn't realize it was a PTSD symptom.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:28 PM

I flip out, scream, throw things. I have even gotten physically violent with my husband over it. I just need someone to talk to.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:38 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous: I know the feeling, but didn't realize it was a PTSD symptom.

OP, I want to thank you for posting this.  I think one of my older cousins may suffer from PTSD.  However, before tonight I had no idea what was wrong.  She says she was ignored as a child daily.  Do you feel like sharing more details?  Something I might recongize in her perhaps?  I want to try to get her the help she needs. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:44 PM

I shared my reaction to this particular trigger. Ill share it again. When I am being ignored, or feeling ignored, sometimes I will flip out. Starting talking negatively, accusing the person of things, bringing up passed negative situations and just being paranoid in general. I may scream, throw things, cuss a lot, etc. I sometimes even get physical with my husband. In the moment, I have no clue what I am doing, WHY I think the way I do. It's not until after the fact that I realize my actions and feel so embarassed and shameful. Sometimes I wont even apologize or I will pretend I did nothing wrong because it is just SO shameful, I just dont want to bring it up anymore. 

Anything else?

Oh and, youre welcome. Thank you for taking the time to read. Having mental illness can be pure torture and having someone there that understands means more than anyone may ever realize. You dont even have to understand... just accept and learn to help that person cope with their triggers and emotional struggle.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

OP, I want to thank you for posting this.  I think one of my older cousins may suffer from PTSD.  However, before tonight I had no idea what was wrong.  She says she was ignored as a child daily.  Do you feel like sharing more details?  Something I might recongize in her perhaps?  I want to try to get her the help she needs. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:51 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I shared my reaction to this particular trigger. Ill share it again. When I am being ignored, or feeling ignored, sometimes I will flip out. Starting talking negatively, accusing the person of things, bringing up passed negative situations and just being paranoid in general. I may scream, throw things, cuss a lot, etc. I sometimes even get physical with my husband. In the moment, I have no clue what I am doing, WHY I think the way I do. It's not until after the fact that I realize my actions and feel so embarassed and shameful. Sometimes I wont even apologize or I will pretend I did nothing wrong because it is just SO shameful, I just dont want to bring it up anymore. 

Anything else?

Oh and, youre welcome. Thank you for taking the time to read. Having mental illness can be pure torture and having someone there that understands means more than anyone may ever realize. You dont even have to understand... just accept and learn to help that person cope with their triggers and emotional struggle.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Is it a particular people that causes it to happen, for example your husband, maybe because you are close to him?  Or is it people in general?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:54 PM

People in general, but the more closer relationship I have with the person, the more it bothers me. With strangers, I will just get anxiety and/or feel hurt. With my husband, it's a complete 180. I wish I knew how to cope. I hate that I am so horrible to some people at times, especially my husband. I have probably told him to leave me ten thousand times, and he refuses too. Reality is, one day he will.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anything else?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Is it a particular people that causes it to happen, for example your husband, maybe because you are close to him?  Or is it people in general?

LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:55 PM
I have PTSD and went to therapy. I was poor at the time so I went to a community clinic. She have me a referral to a community mental health hospital. I was never an inpatient and they just evaluated me for free. They them set me to a license counselor who saw me on a sliding scale. I paid $4/visit. I went back to the community clinic and the nurse practitioner gave Prozac which I got for $4 at Walmart.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:57 PM
I'm sorry . I feel this way too when I'm ignored but I think I have PPD
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)