Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

have you ever seen a miracle?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies

what do you attribute it to?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
casah4
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:26 PM

Nope.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:27 PM
Just the way the world works.
Sparklepants747
by Queen Annie on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:27 PM

Coincidence. 

Sister_Someone
by Rachel on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:29 PM

There is no such thing as a miracle. Even when it looks inexplicable, there is ALWAYS a reasonable explanation, some detail that someone else missed, something that can put things into perspective.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:29 PM
1 mom liked this
I guess what happened to me some would consider a miracle. I was hit on the interstate and flipped end over end side over side at least 9 times. The only place left intact was where I was sitting. I walked away with barely a scratch. It was so bad it was called in as a fatality. I really feel something was watching over me that night. It was Christmas eve btw.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:37 PM
Do you think its always based on something we can explain today or could it be unexplainable now but if we understood the world better there would be a scientific explanation? Does that question even make sense?

Quoting Sister_Someone:

There is no such thing as a miracle. Even when it looks inexplicable, there is ALWAYS a reasonable explanation, some detail that someone else missed, something that can put things into perspective.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:45 PM

I've experienced many things that could be called miracles, but I understand people needing to believe in "logical explanations". Even if a logical explanation can't be found. 

Sister_Someone
by Rachel on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:53 PM

It makes sense. :) I do think that science and medicine cannot necessarily explain everything that happens, when it happens. But if you look at the history, there are MANY once considered miracles, that nowadays we can rationally explain, because we have more knowledgle and access to more information than our ancestors did. I see that curve continuing upwards in the future. 

I'm a biologist who specializes in human genetics. Working and studying in that field makes me see that many things that were once considered destiny or work of some higher being, are actually genetic, biologically rational.

I mean, things like cancer or other illnesses, certain character traits that make one more prone to mental illness (and by proxy, consequences brought upon by mental illness), similar character traits in biological relatives who have grown up in entirely different circumstances... 200 years ago, all of those would be calles "the destiny of that family", "bad blood", and likely considered supernatural in some way or other. In 2014, we call it genetics and it is perfectly rational.

I believe that at some point in the future we will be able to explain, in a similar fashion, things like out-of-body experiences, supernatural sightings, why/how do people wake up after spending years in a comatose state, hell, maybe even finally prove or disprove God.

Quoting Anonymous: Do you think its always based on something we can explain today or could it be unexplainable now but if we understood the world better there would be a scientific explanation? Does that question even make sense?
Quoting Sister_Someone:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:06 PM

like what?

Quoting Anonymous:

I've experienced many things that could be called miracles, but I understand people needing to believe in "logical explanations". Even if a logical explanation can't be found. 

bensmommy1
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:10 PM
My sons birth :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN