Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

ER is short for...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 349 Replies
21 moms liked this

EMERGENCY room. 

A medical Emergency is something that needs to be dealt with immediately or there will be long term harm to the patient. 

An Emergency is not something that irritates you or something you would rather not wait until Monday to take care of. 

I am so sick of every splinter, rash, boo boo, and headache on CM being a an ER case. Leave the freakin' ER for the emergencies!!

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sept-babies2
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol I agree
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:29 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't know what you are referring to but some things can be serious if not treated, even if they don't pose any immediate threat.

Not to mention that sometimes your insurance would rather you go to the ER than urgent care.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:30 PM
1 mom liked this

And you know personally what every single person is in the ER for and why?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:32 PM
5 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous: I don't know what you are referring to but some things can be serious if not treated, even if they don't pose any immediate threat. Not to mention that sometimes your insurance would rather you go to the ER than urgent care.

What insurance is that?

It costs me $100 just to walk into the ER. When I took my toddler with 104 fever it ended up costing me over $300. 

A trip to the pediatrician's would have been $20. 

If something can't wait to be treated it's an Emergency. If someone doesn't have insurance and doesn't care that it costs the rest of us a butt load so they use they ER as a GP it's not an emergency. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:33 PM
I go to the er constantly, I have a life threatening health issue that acts up so it lands me in er so they can runs their tests and thankfully I get sent home every time,so I really go for nothing but it's better safe then sorry
Sister_Someone
by Rachel on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:33 PM
6 moms liked this

I personally think that when in doubt, it is ALWAYS better to err on the side of caution and go in.

Granted, some people do abuse the ER, but if there is the slightest reason to believe that there might be something more serious going on than is immediately visible, it's better to be safe than sorry.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

And you know personally what every single person is in the ER for and why?

Where did I say that?

I know that when someone posts that since they have Medicaid costs is not a factor it's BS. 

Cost is a factor for those of us who pay for medical care. 

The fact that those who don't use the ER as a doctor's office because they don't want to wait until Monday is pure bullshit. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:35 PM
2 moms liked this
Headaches CAN be a medical emergency when you're having an internal brain bleed from a malformation that you don't know about
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:35 PM
2 moms liked this

This.

Sometimes, yes, even a headache can warrant going to the ER, if it's paired with other symptoms, including but not limited to dizziness, shortness of breath, chest pain, fatigue, muscle weakness, and so on.

It's not just for people that have lost a limb or whatever.

Quoting Sister_Someone:

I personally think that when in doubt, it is ALWAYS better to err on the side of caution and go in.

Granted, some people do abuse the ER, but if there is the slightest reason to believe that there might be something more serious going on than is immediately visible, it's better to be safe than sorry.

mommykate4
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:35 PM

ive gone for headaches before...sometimes the doctors is closed and its the only choice I had ..but now they built an urgent care close to my house so I have been ab le to use that. But not everyone has an urgent care in there area.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN