Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Saw a mom get arrested at a restaurant today :( WDYT?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 86 Replies

I was at a restaurant having lunch. A few tables away a young mom came in and sat down. Her and the kids weren't there for long- it seems like they ordered, ate for a few minutes and then asked for it to be wrapped up. She told the waitress she was going to the bathroom and took the kids. The little boy came back for the food and they started running out to the car. One of the servers blocked them into their spot while the police were called.

In the end, the police arrested the woman because the owner (maybe manager?) was insisting they press charges. I know she was wrong, but she was sobbing and it broke my heart to watch her as they took her from her babies. She was saying she did it cause they were hungry. 

What do you think? If you were the owner, would you have pressed charges?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
curvygurl1912
by Renee on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:44 PM
1 mom liked this

No, I probably would not have pressed charges.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:45 PM
No I would've let her take the food
Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:46 PM
3 moms liked this

Absolutely I would.  Having children is not. or should not be, a get out of jail free card. Of course she was sobbing. She got freaking caught.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:46 PM
Awe this makes me sad. I can't imagine seeing my child hungry. The choices you make.
Maks1mommy
by Emerald Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:46 PM
3 moms liked this

Nope, and I would have let her take the food too... And probably offered a job... I'm a bit of a bleeding heart...

Aslen
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:47 PM
I agree

Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

Absolutely I would.  Having children is not. or should not be, a get out of jail free card. Of course she was sobbing. She got freaking caught.

TemptingFate
by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:47 PM
4 moms liked this
That really sucks, but she is essentially stealing. I don't know what I would do.
If it was me, I would have asked to talk to the manager and said I have no money, but my children are so hungry, can I do something so my kids can have a meal?
Foolynroo2
by Emerald Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:48 PM
5 moms liked this

I don't know but I probalby would have paid for their meals long before the cops showed up.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:48 PM
Tough call. Would I do it? Hell no. But there may be a history you don't kno about.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:48 PM
I wouldn't have nor would I have called the cops
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN