Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Only 3 Americans, huh? Pompous assholes..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
3 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

I see this on my Facebook newsfeed.

I'm an American but this title just slapped me in the face with how righteous we are. There were

TWO HUNDRED AND THIRTY NINE PEOPLE, not just 3 Americans.

How tragic. And how pitiful Time feels the need to draw attention by insinuating only American lives lost matter...
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:10 PM
bump
Smokeygirl
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:11 PM
We live in a very American-centric country. It is very sad :(.
-Kit-
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:13 PM
1 mom liked this

This bugs the shit out of me too. All the news media based in the US does it.

It's even worse when they're covering the war/s. "Fourteen Americans died this month in Afghanistan." Oh, well isn't that fuckin' convenient that they tell us about the Americans that died, all while failing to mention the village or school or hospital full of Afghani civilians that the Americans died blowing up or shooting up.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:14 PM

They could have at least said something like, "Two infants aboard vanished flight"... I'm American and don't give a rats' ass about how many of us were on the flight. The whole thing is terrible, but it especially hurts my heart thinking of the babies.

supermama322
by Kaylee on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:14 PM
I encountered the same thing today. This super annoying woman who never shuts up at ballet this morning was going on and on LOUDLY about the plane.. she said "239 people were on the plane and TWO OF THEM ARE CANADIAN."

I rolled my eyeballs soooo hard. Like the 2 Canadians are any more important than everyone else. ugh
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:15 PM
1 mom liked this

You don't think other countries are counting their losses?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:16 PM
oh no :(

this article didn't even mention infants..

Quoting Anonymous:

They could have at least said something like, "Two infants aboard vanished flight"... I'm American and don't give a rats' ass about how many of us were on the flight. The whole thing is terrible, but it especially hurts my heart thinking of the babies.

blue.chairs
by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:16 PM
I hate that they are taking pictures of the families like that.

Ass holes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:17 PM
1 mom liked this
I think the world should be counting their losses. We'll all human beings of the same Earth, not different species from different planets

Quoting Anonymous:

You don't think other countries are counting their losses?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:18 PM

I don't even remember what nationalities the babies were, just that there were two... I cried when I read that. Any time I read about horrible things happening to children, I immediately think of my 15 month old and start crying. I can't even imagine the grief the families are feeling.

Quoting Anonymous: oh no :( this article didn't even mention infants..
Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)