Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Wake up people.... My mom wasnt so f***ing wonderful.....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 52 Replies
My family is always talking about how wonderful my mother was... But she wasnt...

She didnt work. Stopped working when I was I the 2nd grade.

Our source of income was food stamps, disability check for my baby brother, and child support.

She milked everyone for everything she possibly could. Always going in with a fake ass sob story which of course, everyone believed.

She'd leave us with my abusive father who was a convicted rapist and molested me from she 6 to 9 when he finally took off.

When I was 8 she stopped leaving the house and started making me do the grocery shopping. She'd give me the list, and id walk to the store.

I hated it. I had to carry everything back and we need had any actual food. Her list always consisted of chips, soda, candy and other crap. Then frozen pizzas. Frozen microwaveable sandwiches/meals. And chicken nuggets and fish steaks for my youngest brother.... She'd make me walk no Matter what the weather was...raining..snowing...one day it was storming, half way their (45 minute walk there) he tornado siren went off... I went into the McDonald's and stayed there until the storm passed.. Then went to the stre and then home, and she yelled at me and locked me in the storage room for taking to long. She said I was trying to steal her money.

She spent all her time at the computer, gulping down mountains dew and scarfing down chips.

When shed get pissed she'd lock me in the closet.

When I was 12 we moved into section 8 housing. Rent was $23 and they gave her an $85 utility allowance each month. They said the reason for it was because she had no earned income since she didn't have a job. (Her excuse for not working was my brother.). That was when she started drinking very heavily, became very abusive.

When I was 15 she was receiving six hundred and some a month in food stamps. There were 4 of us in the house, but I've since wondered if maybe she was
Claiming other people too...but I don't know.

Even with the money for food there was never food in the house, it would all be spent in the first two weeks on junk. And then the next to weeks she was sending me to social ministries and food banks for their food droves. When I'd buy stuff for actual meals she'd pitch a huge fit saying how i was wasting her money...

She bitched at my one brother (middle. Not youngest) becuase he was over weight and she said it was his fault and he needed to make healthier choices but what healthy choices can you make when the only food your provided is junk??

At 15 I was diagnosed with type or diabetes. My mom still don't get the hint about how I needed to eat FOOD not junk. The only "meals" we ever had were pasta, pizzas, and the frozen meals. None of which is diabetes friendly. When shed get mad at me shed take my vials of insulin From me. she busted one and i Didnt have fast acting Insulin for a week. Then when I landed in ICU for DKA she told the doctors that I refused to comply with my diabetic diet and was eating nothing but junk and refused to eat the "healthy options" she offered me. And of course, they believed her over me and then tested me like an idiot every time I had an appointment.

I was always covered in bruises from her attacking me when she was drunk. She'd shove me into walls, book cases, throw things at me, hit me. One night she made me put all the dishes on the counter and then told me to bend down under the counter and get the glass bowl. When I bent down she swiped all the dishes on top of me.

Despite the bruises no one believed me that she was abusive. She had every one convinced that I was a constant liar who self harmed for attention.

I gave up and ran away a week before my 17 th birthday...

Called and reported her to cps...they later removed the boys from her care... She didnt get them back but also was never arrested for any abuse... She lost her section at housing since she no longer had us to claim, the disability check or the child support. When that happened she tracked me down and showed up at my apartment screaming about how I ruined her life by taking away her only income. The neighbours called the cops, she was taken in (she had hit me several times...) and I got a restraining order... Haven't seem or spoken to her since.... No one has... But my aunts who I recently got back in contact with, and my grandma, are always talking about how wonderful and loving she was. And I just want to tell them that she was not wonderful or loving. She was horrible.

And the thing is, I probably wouldn't have left when I did if I hadn't found out I was pregnant. But once I found out I knew I couldn't have a healthy pregnancy in her house. I couldn't bring a baby into that house. And the reason I called cps was because her extreme abuse had always been directed at me, and I thought that if I left she'd direct it at the boys since I wasn't there to take it.

My middle brother Steven, 19 and in his second year of college. He lives on campus 4 hours away, and comes home school breaks.

Riley, my baby brother, lives with dh and I, he's severely autistic. He is 14 now, and doing alot better since he's been on the proper medications. (Our mom always gave him too little medication or way too much....).

Eta- don't be sorry. It's not like
Anyone forced her to be a complete fucking lunatic.....

Eta- I just thought I'd add this before anyone asks. I did begin going to therapy 2 years ago. And was diagnosed with PTSD. For the most part I do ok now, but if something triggers certain memories then the nightmares start back up.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:15 PM
I'm glad you got out. I hope things are better. That's sucks.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:17 PM
I just don't see how her parents and sisters never noticed that she was a complete fucking nut....

Quoting Anonymous: I'm glad you got out. I hope things are better. That's sucks.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:20 PM

That's terrible. I am so sorry you had to live that way.

debmom07
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:20 PM
Im sorry.
sweetfox3
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry. Glad you got out.

And they likely noticed but are/were in denial.

Quoting Anonymous: I just don't see how her parents and sisters never noticed that she was a complete fucking nut....

Quoting Anonymous: I'm glad you got out. I hope things are better. That's sucks.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:25 PM
People do that a lot.1. They raised her and grew up with her. Maybe a different person. 2. If they admit she's horrible and did nothing, then they are to blame as well.

It's usually for selfish reasons.

Quoting Anonymous: I just don't see how her parents and sisters never noticed that she was a complete fucking nut....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:32 PM
*hugs* Some people are just really good at faking it. My mom was a faker big time, whenever someone came around she sugar coated the way she was. She was mentally and emotionally abusive. She was physically abusive to my brothers. She knew how to milk it and the problem was never her it was always us.
LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:35 PM
I'm sorry. Where are your brothers?
inspain
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:37 PM

Sorry for you.  I am.

My mother wasn't like that, but she was and is a narcissist and a sociopath.  People think she's a saint and believe that I'm a drug addict and a lunatic.  There's nothing I can do to convince them.  I've stopped trying.  I just hope she dies soon, so I don't waste any more time worrying that she'll turn up at my door or cause more havoc in our lives.

Melissa_4
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I think the next time they start up with the talk about her, you should remind them of how you were raised and that she was a POS for a mother.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)