Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Teenager question/advice post (no its not a teen pregnancy post)

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:43 PM
  • 111 Replies

OK some of you know I adopted my neice... Rather than bore everyone with the full story Ill reply as requested.

Anyhow, she has real issues making better decisions. She is sixteen will be seventeen in April. She is failing to improve her grade in English and had eight absences last semester. I am not too happy about this.

I know she is trying but I really feel she is not ready (mature wise) she still acts like a jr high kid.

Anyhow she is seeing this boy Michael she met at the mall. This boy is nineteen graduated last year. I am a little curious why this boy is wanting to date my neice. Some things I am uncomfortable about is the fact he wants her to meet with him PLACES. He did come over once and that did not go well. Instead my neice sixteen going on seventeen (one weeks ago) was pretty much all over him dry humping him wrapping her legs around him and pressing herself up on him.

We sent him home. And we have not been very supportive of her going out with Michael since. She is frustrated because he keeps asking her to "hang out" and we tell her no. Michael is allowed to come over but the second I see her acting inappropriately he goes home.

The thing is I think this boy only wants to get it on with her. She is so desperate and horridly sexually active that she will do anything to keep a boy around...

Talk to me mommas.... Because as much as I know she is growing I am just baffled at her lack of maturity and what to do about this boy.

EDITED
She is on birth control, please dont bother if you are just going to recommend birth control because that isnt the advice I am looking for. 

by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thetrollcat
by Meow on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:43 PM

Bumping

WishingAway
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:46 PM
I think what you are doing is smart. Perhaps birth control incase she finds a way around you?
thetrollcat
by Meow on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:47 PM

Im not sure what its called implanon or something they put it under your skin she just got that done on Friday.

The thing is I have an eighteen year old (graduated) and we never had to lock her up like a damn prisoner... I find it so frustrating with my neice I cannot trust her and feel it might do more harm than good.

Quoting WishingAway: I think what you are doing is smart. Perhaps birth control incase she finds a way around you?

storkneedsgps
by RoseTyler on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:47 PM
I hope you get some good advice. If it was mine, I wouldn't allow her to see him at all but I don't know if that would work for everyone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thetrollcat
by Meow on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:48 PM

I am worried about rebellion

Quoting storkneedsgps: I hope you get some good advice. If it was mine, I wouldn't allow her to see him at all but I don't know if that would work for everyone.

bjw_053109
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:48 PM
Definitely birth control. Where there's a will there's a way.
thetrollcat
by Meow on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:49 PM
2 moms liked this

that doesnt answre my question and birth control is not the answer to actual parenting

Quoting bjw_053109: Definitely birth control. Where there's a will there's a way.

WishingAway
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:51 PM
I think you might be right. I mean.. It is good she is protected so hopefully you won't be worrying about babies. Your doing your best to raise her but you can't always control everything. She should be old enough to hold her own but like you said she's pretty immature. Good luck mama. You really do need Hawaii ;)

Quoting thetrollcat:

Im not sure what its called implanon or something they put it under your skin she just got that done on Friday.

The thing is I have an eighteen year old (graduated) and we never had to lock her up like a damn prisoner... I find it so frustrating with my neice I cannot trust her and feel it might do more harm than good.

Quoting WishingAway: I think what you are doing is smart. Perhaps birth control incase she finds a way around you?

storkneedsgps
by RoseTyler on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:52 PM
It worked with my sister but again, I can totally see the rebellion. Good luck

Quoting thetrollcat:

I am worried about rebellion

Quoting storkneedsgps: I hope you get some good advice. If it was mine, I wouldn't allow her to see him at all but I don't know if that would work for everyone.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thetrollcat
by Meow on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Hawaii cannot come fast enough I tell ya.

Quoting WishingAway: I think you might be right. I mean.. It is good she is protected so hopefully you won't be worrying about babies. Your doing your best to raise her but you can't always control everything. She should be old enough to hold her own but like you said she's pretty immature. Good luck mama. You really do need Hawaii ;)
Quoting thetrollcat:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)