Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What kind of haircut should I get? PICS

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:48 PM
  • 47 Replies

I went to a salon about three weeks ago for the first time. I went with my mother and we both got our hair dyed and cut. The total came to 450$ and we both literally almost shit our pants. For one, all she did for my hair was put two blonde streaks in it. She did dye my whole head, but the same color that I did four days earlier, so there was no color difference. She did an alright job on my mothers dye job but she barely did anything with out cuts. It was ridiculous. 

I hate my hair cut. I want to get something that will look good on me. Any suggestions? I was thinking about shaving half my head but decided I wasn't going to do that, because it would take WAY to long to grow back. Plus, I have a chubby circle face so I don't think that would look good. 

I ALWAYS put my hair to the side though. ALWAYS. It bothers me and I don't know why.(please keep this on topic!)

Any suggestions? I know nothing about hair! haha

Thank you! I am not sure if these are good enough pictures for suggestions..

I'm a loud laughing, hug giving, million kisses, bed sharing, breastfeeding, attachment parenting, teen mother!

by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Halfdeafmommy
by Pure Honesty on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:57 PM

Really, no suggestions ? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:59 PM
1 mom liked this
$450 what kind of salon did you go to? Did you check the prices before you went?
Halfdeafmommy
by Pure Honesty on Mar. 8, 2014 at 11:01 PM

We went to my brothers ex girlfriends salon. She said it would be 200 total for both of us but said that she had to use more dye then planned? And then she actually said she didn't charge us for my mothers dye job. We were furious!!

Quoting Anonymous: $450 what kind of salon did you go to? Did you check the prices before you went?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 8, 2014 at 11:03 PM
I would have been pissed

Quoting Halfdeafmommy:

We went to my brothers ex girlfriends salon. She said it would be 200 total for both of us but said that she had to use more dye then planned? And then she actually said she didn't charge us for my mothers dye job. We were furious!!

Quoting Anonymous: $450 what kind of salon did you go to? Did you check the prices before you went?

Halfdeafmommy
by Pure Honesty on Mar. 8, 2014 at 11:05 PM

Yeah we were. We actually didn't even have that. I told her she shouldn't of paid the extra but she didn't want any bad "blood" between them. Needless to say, never going back!

Quoting Anonymous: I would have been pissed
Quoting Halfdeafmommy:

AtillaTheHun
by facta, non verba on Mar. 8, 2014 at 11:07 PM
Sounds like she ripped you off bigtime. Is she an employee there or does she own the salon? If she just works there, I'd contact her boss about it.

Quoting Halfdeafmommy:

Halfdeafmommy
by Pure Honesty on Mar. 8, 2014 at 11:08 PM

She is an employee but her boss was standing right there. 450$ could have did us a lot of good. I could have spent ten and did it myself.

Quoting AtillaTheHun: Sounds like she ripped you off bigtime. Is she an employee there or does she own the salon? If she just works there, I'd contact her boss about it.
Quoting Halfdeafmommy:

AtillaTheHun
by facta, non verba on Mar. 8, 2014 at 11:14 PM
I'd still contact her about it. If nothing comes of it, comment on their business on pages like Yelp and such. Other people need to be warned about their way of doing business.

Quoting Halfdeafmommy:

She is an employee but her boss was standing right there. 450$ could have did us a lot of good. I could have spent ten and did it myself.

Quoting AtillaTheHun: Sounds like she ripped you off bigtime. Is she an employee there or does she own the salon? If she just works there, I'd contact her boss about it.

Quoting Halfdeafmommy:

kaybayblee3
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 11:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Ouch. I agree with the above comments. If I'm paying that much. I better look like a goddamn celebrity when I leave and that my hair will look awesome even after washing it.

JackieGirl007
by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 11:18 PM

Oh my gosh, I would have refused to pay that if she quoted you $200! Anyway, I think your hair is beautiful! If you really want to make a change, have you ever tried bangs?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN