Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I just spent $478 on a stroller. I am literally sick to my stomach. piog **Awesome update**

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:56 PM
  • 157 Replies

Update!!!

So one of you ladies told me about the online coupon for for $10 off every $50 dollars you spend. Unfortunately I didn't know about it so I didn't use it when I placed my order. But after I was told about it I called Babies R Us and they said that when I got the stroller to bring in the packing slip and they would refund me the $90 for the coupon.

Well it came today and I took my slip down there and guess what happened...?! The lady doing my refund told me my stroller was now on clearance and instead of getting back $90, I got back $232! So that means I ended up only paying $246 for the triple stroller, extra seat and parent organizer. So I pretty much got back HALF of the original cost! Yessss!

Our youngest is only 9 months old and we are expecting twins in July. So I really needed a triple stroller. I searched ... and searched... and searched online for a decent priced stroller that would fit our needs and I kept coming back to the Joovy Big Caboose Tandem Triple stroller. It was expensive but there were others that were 3x as much. You can NOT find a "cheap" triple stroller. Period. They used to make a Baby Trend version that was around $200 but that is off the market now. Boo.

So I decided if I couldn't find something cheaper than the Joovy OR a used one for a decent price that I just would not get it and just figure something else out. But the fact is... there is no choice. I am going to NEED a triple stroller. I am not a baby wearer. I just don't like it and it's uncomfortable because I have back problems.

So yeah... I did it. I broke down and ordered the Joovy from Babies R Us. The actual stroller was $349. The rear seat was $69. And the parent organizer was $25. Plus tax. Holy shit. I could literally puke. I swear I was actually sick to my stomach when I hit "submit order."

This is what I'm getting for my $478....

by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TurtleMomma82
by Barbie on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Holy crap!  Hope you use it enough to get your money's worth!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:59 PM
2 moms liked this
She probably won't and will be back on here complaining about what a waste of money it was.

Quoting TurtleMomma82:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 8, 2014 at 11:00 PM
2 moms liked this

This is a picture of a double stroller?

svolkov
by Emerald Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 11:00 PM
Id hAve looked on craigslist.my stroller was like 600 new and I spent 150 on it very gently used
Beyonce1
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 11:00 PM
$478 is not bad triple stroller, but this one looks really uncomfortable.
anyotherday
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 11:01 PM
More than likely

Quoting Anonymous: She probably won't and will be back on here complaining about what a waste of money it was.

Quoting TurtleMomma82:

Mom2five87
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 11:02 PM

Did you just delete your first comment and then post this one? You are putting way too much time and effort into bashing my stroller purchase. lol

Quoting Anonymous: She probably won't and will be back on here complaining about what a waste of money it was.
Quoting TurtleMomma82:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 8, 2014 at 11:02 PM
That looks like a piece of shit. Fuck that. Where does the third kid sit? That add on? Pathetic.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 8, 2014 at 11:03 PM

That's a great purchase. We had two boys 18 months apart and then 18months later twins. We bought one simular to this and used it daily. (We went to the zoo a lot, walked to the library, walked to the store, the children's museum, and mall). I thank god for that stroller. Especially since 11 months after the twins were born we had our youngest boy. (1st baby was planned, second one was minipill, twins I was on depo, after them I got my tubes tied and the last pregnancy happened. talk about fucking BC fails!

turnergrace
by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 11:03 PM
Did you try ebay and craigslist? Also call your local consignment/resale kids stores and ask if they can keep a heads up for you.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN