Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I hate greedy b**tards

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
So my dd, like most girls is OBSESSED with frozen. So for weeks I have gone online to all the stores and in stores and everything is slid out!! Dh even works near a Disney store and they say if you are not there when the doors open on shipment day you won't get any. So I go on eBay, or even amazon, the third party sellers, and they are selling the products for 3x the regular price and they have 10 or 15 listed as their quantity!' We were even at Disney land last week and they were sold out of all costumes, accessories, hair, dishes, shoes everything but the dolls, which we bought.

For example there's an Elsa Makeup kit $4.99 at Toys r us, the cheapest on beau I could find was $18!!!! And the seller had 5!! Ugh I hate greedy jerks!!!

Rant over.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2014 at 11:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2014 at 11:06 PM
Bump
blue-heart
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 11:07 PM
What assholes. I hate people like that too.
TurtleMomma82
by Barbie on Mar. 8, 2014 at 11:08 PM

Yeah, unfortunately that's common practice.  Not fair, but what can you do?

reefermadness
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 11:09 PM

Join the disney movie club!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2014 at 11:11 PM
Do they have products? I thought it was just DVDs?

Quoting reefermadness:

Join the disney movie club!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 8, 2014 at 11:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Huh. We never seem to have issues with the Disney stuff around here. My daughter wanted Frozen stuff for her birthday and I had no trouble at all buying anything. In fact, I just got back from Walmart and saw the dresses and dolls while I was there. Wish I could help you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 8, 2014 at 11:13 PM
1 mom liked this

and if that's how they support their family?  by running a business based on supply and demand, which is as old as the sun? 

you don't *have* to have it right now, no one is going to die or be impaired for the long haul because they didn't get a Frozen toy the minute it hit the shelf.  that would be price gouging.

in this case, some fine folks got in line first, and put a price on it that only fools will pay.  but someone will decide that their precious little one needs it *right now!* and pay the premium.  there's not a thing wrong with that at all.

Angelicembrace
by The Dorkfish on Mar. 8, 2014 at 11:13 PM
Damn :(
Elle.tea.22
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 11:14 PM

Mobile Photo

Make your own? I made a few Elsa ones with night gowns and chiffon. Looks better than anything sold in stores. Got the idea from Pinterest
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2014 at 11:14 PM
So you do this. Also not sure where in my post I said this was a life and death matter? Calm your tits.

Quoting Anonymous:

and if that's how they support their family?  by running a business based on supply and demand, which is as old as the sun? 

you don't *have* to have it right now, no one is going to die or be impaired for the long haul because they didn't get a Frozen toy the minute it hit the shelf.  that would be price gouging.

in this case, some fine folks got in line first, and put a price on it that only fools will pay.  but someone will decide that their precious little one needs it *right now!* and pay the premium.  there's not a thing wrong with that at all.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN