Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are most of you guys lower to middle class?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 229 Replies
2 moms liked this
Why do you guys get so mad when people post or say things that imply they are wealthy or better than most of you? I get that a lot of people troll but are some of you so poor that you can't believe some people live in half million dollar houses and don't struggle to pay bills or even SAHM's can genuinely afford to do so and even have nannies? No I'm not independently wealthy but I married very well and love my husband. Not everyone on this site is poor or struggling?

Update: I do NOT think any one person is better than any one. It was supposed to say better off. Thank you to the poster who showed me how to edit a post. You learn something new everyday. Also please excuse the random comments, I was getting ready to take a long car ride with the kids. I through in the I love my husband because he had surprised me with a gift.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2014 at 2:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2014 at 2:27 PM
7 moms liked this

Have a cookie!

baking

and relax.

Joie35
by Gold Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 2:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Um...want a cookie? Lol.

not trying to be a bitch i just feel like I've been criticized a lot for being "poor" and struggling financially. I've never seen anyone torn up for being wealthy...but maybe I've missed it.
suzanneyea
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 2:28 PM

I know lots of people with more money than me , her and in real life. I don't get the anger. They have nicer stuff than me, that's life.

LNLMommy
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 2:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Maybe because half of the time, wealthy mom's come off as being better than everyone else.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2014 at 2:29 PM
I'd say we are middle class. A half million dollar home can vary from a mansion in rural Georgia to a shack in Long Island. I'd say the number claiming wealth and poverty are equal in troll numbers.
storkneedsgps
by RoseTyler on Mar. 9, 2014 at 2:30 PM
I think a lot of it has to do with geography. In some parts of the country, half a million is nothing, in others that would be ridiculously expensive.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2014 at 2:30 PM
Exactly!

Quoting suzanneyea:

I know lots of people with more money than me , her and in real life. I don't get the anger. They have nicer stuff than me, that's life.

j3st3r
by Jedi on Mar. 9, 2014 at 2:30 PM
14 moms liked this
Money does not equal better than another person.

Maybe your approach is the problem.
mich2.0
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 2:31 PM
4 moms liked this

I don't care if people on here make more money than I do. I take issue with you implying that makes them better than me though.

pistolpink
by on Mar. 9, 2014 at 2:32 PM
2 moms liked this
Why do you think that having more money than someone equals being "better than" them?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)