Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

update3: I left my daughter at the police station

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 414 Replies
6 moms liked this
Update3: so this morning we met with an attorney and she finally started talking to him and my mom. From what my mom says she was coming back from getting coffee yesterday and a man jumped her. He had a knife and somehow she was able to get it from him and stab him. She walks through a few alleys to get to starbucks.

They are transporting her to the hospital and as of right now she is being released to us. My mom is agreeing to stay as long as we need her which is good.

I have had lots of issues with dd fighting at school which is why i jumped to the conclusion.

They are going to document her bruises at the hospital which were not visible when I took her in yesterday.

I will update when I have more info.

Update 2: Just really quick. I picked up my mom and she will help with a lawyer. When we got to the station we asked for an attorney so she can't be questioned. She is in lock up for now until she decides to talk. When she saw my mom she broke down in tears, so that's something. I also noticed bruising on her forearm that I didn't this morning.

DD is an only child and we have had our fill of ups and downs. I thought by taking her to the police station I would be helping her, and I still do. Something just seemed off with her tonight. I feel like she's in trouble and I don't understand why she won't just talk to me.

I've got an early meeting with the attorney so I need to get to bed. I will update ya'll tomorrow sometime. Thanks for all the positive thoughts.

Update : I am waiting for my mom to get in from chicago. Hopefully she will help with an attorney. My daughter hasn't said a word all day even when they questioned her. I was with her the whole time. Legally they can hold her there for 48 hrs before pressing charges, which they are doing.

I will update later, but I have to go now.

Please send positive thoughts..

OP:
Because she stabbed someone. She is 15 and came home covered in someone else's blood. I found a bloody knife in her backpack. She refused to tell me what happened so I took her to the police station this morning at 9am.

I sat there for hours while the questioned her. They took her clothes and are keeping her over night.

I don't know who she stabbed or what happened. I'm scared shitless.

I need an attorney that I can't afford.

I almost regret taking her. I hope I didn't the right thing.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2014 at 7:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momoftwogirl55
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 7:38 PM
Uh...what?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 9, 2014 at 7:39 PM
Wtf
jkleinman
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 7:39 PM
2 moms liked this
You did. Good luck to you! Hugs!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 9, 2014 at 7:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Just how "Dr. Phil" is your family?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 9, 2014 at 7:40 PM
They haven't called you all day with an update?
curvygurl1912
by Renee on Mar. 9, 2014 at 7:40 PM
19 moms liked this

I would NEVER allow my dd to be questioned by the police without an attorney. You certainly just fucked up her chance of a fair trial.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2014 at 7:40 PM
Sorry I thought I was pretty clear.

Quoting momoftwogirl55: Uh...what?
belindah
by on Mar. 9, 2014 at 7:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Smart move, hugs, praying for you both.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2014 at 7:40 PM
I was there all day with her. I just left.

Quoting Anonymous: They haven't called you all day with an update?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 9, 2014 at 7:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Holy crazy day
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)