Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anyone know how to get in a locked cellphone?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 61 Replies
1 mom liked this

My SIL is driving me nuts.  Long story short:  Years ago her husband cheated, she couldn't forgive & told him they could date other people because she was through with him.  FF to 4-5 months ago where she says he started to pursue her again & she gave in.  2 1/2 months ago he tells her he's been talking to a woman (40yo) from his past & they're just friends.  She finds out about 6 weeks ago that they're having sex & he might be making plans to leave her.  Right before this he tells her he no longer loves her, things are different, & he wants a divorce.  She wants the marriage to work because deep down she loves him & they have a 8yo & 12yo who will be devastated.  Shes's convinced if she can get to the other woman & tell her something she can scare her off.  The other woman knows about her & the kids.  I don't think she's going anywhere.  SIL wants to get in his locked phone (he has a different provider than she does) so she can get the chick's phone number.  I have no idea how to do this, but think if she confronts the woman she'll see how hopeless it is.  

Oh & yes, they're still intimate, and he's supposedly not going to leave SIL & will end things, but of course he hasn't.  

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2014 at 11:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2014 at 11:09 PM
you should know this just from switching phones every once in a while.if he syncs his phone with his email.all his contacts will be stored in his email.log onto email through computer .
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Mar. 9, 2014 at 11:11 PM
BeAmour
by Tonya on Mar. 9, 2014 at 11:14 PM
As in password?

From what I've read in the past, you have to reset the entire phone if you don't know it and you lose everything.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2014 at 11:14 PM

I think her biggest obstacle is that for years they were like friends because she didn't care, which means she didn't pay attention.  She knows nothing.  He has a different provider, pays online, & she doesn't know if he has an email or anything, passwords, etc.  I found out from my BIL that he has a Facebook account but I'm sure she doesn't know.  

Quoting Anonymous: you should know this just from switching phones every once in a while.if he syncs his phone with his email.all his contacts will be stored in his email.log onto email through computer .

TexasGirl90
by Gold Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 11:15 PM
1 mom liked this
I think this info is how to "jail break" a phone and use it regardless of service.

Quoting Sassy762:

I have no clue but googled this info

http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/how-to-tech/how-to-unlock-cell-phone.htm

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2014 at 11:16 PM

Yeah.  She took out the sim card & battery, but still nothing.  

Quoting BeAmour: As in password? From what I've read in the past, you have to reset the entire phone if you don't know it and you lose everything.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2014 at 11:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Most men I know use the last four of their social security number or the last four of the phone number itself. Also, try birth year.
islandgirly
by Nicolle on Mar. 9, 2014 at 11:20 PM
1 mom liked this
What about putting his SIM card into a different phone? Don't SIM cards sometimes store the contacts? I use verizon so I'm not sure how they work but it might be worth a shot.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2014 at 11:25 PM

He has Verizon too.  The problem is the phone is attached to his hip.  The only way she was able to kind of try was to sneak it one time & then she took it apart then acted like it was dropped.  But other than that he keeps it with him all the time.  Lol.  

Quoting islandgirly: What about putting his SIM card into a different phone? Don't SIM cards sometimes store the contacts? I use verizon so I'm not sure how they work but it might be worth a shot.

_mimimosley_
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 11:29 PM
Hook it up to a laptop.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)