Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

EDIT. vent. I'm tired of nonparents being pissy in the workplace

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
EDIT: to clarify, so I don't have to keep reposting this: I don't ask for preferential treatment. All I ask is that she not be a hypocritical bitch. This is ONE day that I am coming in late in order to work late, and will still work a FULL day. She regularly takes long lunches, leaves early, or comes in late and I have never once been bitchy to her about it.

OP:

Thanks in advance if you read this vent.

I have a coworker who has chosen not to have children, and she is an absolute asshole about child-related things. I'm so tired of her dirty looks and comments when I go to pump. She's also pissed that I am not working Fridays for the year (I just had a baby last year).

Tonight I texted her and told her I was coming in late tomorrow since we have to stay for an event until 9. She texted back
"Well, here's the thing. Jessica and I are working full days tomorrow AND staying late. I think you should use vacation time."

Grrr. I wouldn't actually care that much about vacation time, I just can't stand her attitude.

What would you do?

ETA: I am not taking "extra time off" for kids. We get paid for a 40 hour workweek, although I currently am getting paid for a 32 hour week as I have Fridays off. I should add that last year when she was teaching a course in the evenings, she regularly came in late.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2014 at 11:20 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2014 at 11:37 PM
Oh for fuck's sake. Did you not read the part about how I will still be working 8 hours?

BTW, she regularly takes 2 hour lunches to work out. I rarely take lunch. I actually work more hours on the days that I am there.

Quoting FelineTopic: Yeah...

I hated working with women like you. They have a child and suddenly they feel they can work whatever hours they want. Women like that need to be SAHM.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2014 at 11:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks.

Quoting crumpy_gat: I understand where you're coming from
ConnorsMommy21
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 11:39 PM

And if you are not being compensated for the overtime, you don't work the overtime. Has nothing to do with having kids. You are going in later because you are only getting paid for 8 hours, I get it.

Quoting Anonymous: Right!
Quoting ConnorsMommy21:

That doesn't make sense. If you use a vacation day you wouldn't go in at all...

baby development
babies
baby development
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2014 at 11:39 PM
No, please feel free to explain, exactly, how I am receiving "special treatment."

Did you see the part about how she takes two hour lunches to work out, and I don't take lunch? Or the part about how last year when she had to work late, she also came in late? Tell me, please, where the "special" comes in...

Quoting Bethsunshine: You really don't see it?

Quoting Anonymous: How is it special treatment?

Quoting Bethsunshine: You're expecting special treatment because you possess a uterus and have spawned a child and you're complaining about her?
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 11:40 PM

Quoting Anonymous: Oh for fuck's sake. Did you not read the part about how I will still be working 8 hours? BTW, she regularly takes 2 hour lunches to work out. I rarely take lunch. I actually work more hours on the days that I am there.
Quoting FelineTopic: Yeah... I hated working with women like you. They have a child and suddenly they feel they can work whatever hours they want. Women like that need to be SAHM.

But - does your 8 hours include time pumping?  Or do you do that on your breaks and lunch hour?  And when she takes 2 hour lunches to work out - is she working less than 8 hours a day, or does she come in early or stay late?

Howardx5
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 11:40 PM

why are you texting co workers? keep work and personal life separate. also...why is it her business if youll be late? as long as your boss is aware- its none of her business. 

if you dont like her comments or attitude, stop involving her in your absence or tardiness from work. 

FelineTopic
by on Mar. 9, 2014 at 11:40 PM
2 moms liked this
Yes. I read the post. You wanted a schedule change. I don't give a fuck if you are working 8 hours. Work the 8 hours that you were scheduled or ask for the day off....

Quoting Anonymous: Oh for fuck's sake. Did you not read the part about how I will still be working 8 hours?

BTW, she regularly takes 2 hour lunches to work out. I rarely take lunch. I actually work more hours on the days that I am there.

I hated working with women like you. They have a child and suddenly they feel they can work whatever hours they want. Women like that need to be SAHM.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2014 at 11:41 PM
I am incredibly professional. I work more hours than I am required to regularly.

She is incredibly unprofessional, and sneaks out early and for long lunches often.

Quoting Anonymous:

I can understand not liking her attitude, but as a working mom myself, I make it a point to be at work when I'm scheduled and be on time and not expect to be treated any different just because I have kids. It sucks, I'm sure, but you have a responsibility as an employee. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2014 at 11:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm salaried. We don't have "scheduled hours."

Quoting FelineTopic: Yes. I read the post. You wanted a schedule change. I don't give a fuck if you are working 8 hours. Work the 8 hours that you were scheduled or ask for the day off....

Quoting Anonymous: Oh for fuck's sake. Did you not read the part about how I will still be working 8 hours?

FelineTopic
by on Mar. 9, 2014 at 11:42 PM
She says she doesn't take breaks or lunches so she is probably doing that on company time. Nothing wrong with that. Most people will be okay with that.

Quoting Not_A_Native:

Quoting Anonymous: Oh for fuck's sake. Did you not read the part about how I will still be working 8 hours? BTW, she regularly takes 2 hour lunches to work out. I rarely take lunch. I actually work more hours on the days that I am there.
Quoting FelineTopic: Yeah... I hated working with women like you. They have a child and suddenly they feel they can work whatever hours they want. Women like that need to be SAHM.

But - does your 8 hours include time pumping?  Or do you do that on your breaks and lunch hour?  And when she takes 2 hour lunches to work out - is she working less than 8 hours a day, or does she come in early or stay late?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)