Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Stay at home moms *vent*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 47 Replies
3 moms liked this
I know that some people think that stay at home moms don't do much... Every time I say I'm tired, Dh says that I should do his job for a day. I get that he is tired at the end of the day too... He works as an oil tech at a dealership. When you think about everything a sahm does, nurse, taxi driver, teacher, chef, chief purchasing officer, chief Finacial officer, maid, dishwasher, and laundry doer, I'm exhausted by the end of the day. I have a 2200 sq ft house to keep clean, meals to fix, children to deal with... So damn it, I have the right to be exhausted!! I have a child that has soccer multiple days a week and the other has T-ball practice. Just a rant!! Thanks for reading!!
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:34 AM
2 moms liked this

You both have a right to be tired at the end of the day.  It doesn't have to be a competition.  I tell my DH this all the time. I am a SAHM too.  DHs job is very physically hard.  He has to lift very heavy equipment and other things.  Just because one person is tired doesn't mean that the other isn't.

myperfect4inok
by Gold Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:36 AM
3 moms liked this
When I stayed at home, my husband never said that to me. I feel sorry for some of you who stay at home and don't get the support you need.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:38 AM
You picked him.

I'm also a sahm and my Dh would never disrespect me like that.

besosfantasies
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:38 AM

Dh wakes up and says he's tired..

.. I get up in the morning with the kids (ds is 5 and dd is 1mo) while he sleeps in. Who's tired?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:39 AM
2 moms liked this
I've been there! It's a never ending argument. Now that I'm back at work and dh has to watch the kids when I work weekends, he gets to be with them all day and do the things I did and now he knows how I felt. It was definitely a game changer for him to experience it.
cybcm
by Platinum Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:40 AM

Most people have days that make them tired, because that is how the human body works.

If your husband is being an ass, well, that's an issue separate to who is tired.

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:40 AM
2 moms liked this

I am a lot more tired as a stay at home mother than I ever was as a working mother.....and I would go back to work in a city minute, if I could!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:40 AM

I am sorry you are tired.  

I think everyone has a tendency to be tired at the end of the day.  

That's kind of normal to life, right?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:40 AM
Oh lord you are going to get attacked. Good luck with the inevitable onslaught.

Your man needs to be more respectful. He wouldn't like it if you minimized what he does.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:41 AM
I don't think he truly understands. He leaves before the kids get up and gets home after we have had supper and I have cleaned the kitchen up. For the last couple of years, he stayed home with the kids while I was in school and worked part time but all he ever did was sit on the damn computer all day.

Quoting myperfect4inok: When I stayed at home, my husband never said that to me. I feel sorry for some of you who stay at home and don't get the support you need.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN