Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How many clothes?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies

We're in the process of moving and I'm trying to downsize our stuff. How many shirts, pants, etc, do you consider to be the right amount for your kids? We have a 9 year old son, a 7 year old daughter, and a 4 year old daughter. They just seem to have so many clothes! It's driving me nuts! We need to finish packing everything in a week and I'm feeling horribly overwhelmed.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:49 AM

BUMP!

Heisenberg
by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:50 AM

I don't have a set amount. I just make sure they have a decent selection of weather appropriate stuff and they don't have to wear the same thing twice in one week to school.

mommy103238
by Mandy on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:51 AM
1 mom liked this
This

Quoting Heisenberg:

I don't have a set amount. I just make sure they have a decent selection of weather appropriate stuff and they don't have to wear the same thing twice in one week to school.

twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:52 AM
Bump!
I am a clothes hoarder and I have 12 year old girls. We hoard shoes as well :/
waytomanykids10
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:54 AM

Well we just went shopping on Saturday and bought every kid about 12 outfits each for this summer.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:55 AM
I keep 5 pairs of nice jeans for my 8 year old but he also has some play jeans. He has like 40 tee shirts. I have counted lol. Some are play tees. He has 3 light jackets and one winter jacket. The 3 year old has way less clothes but I have started a pile of 4 t stuff. I think they both have too many things
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:56 AM

We definitely have hoarding tendencies, but I fight it. We always wind up with tons of clothes, though, due to a combination of me not keeping up with the laundry and the kids clothes winding up in toy boxes, then not being able to find their clothes. grr!

I have to go through the shoes and ditch the ones that don't have matches or fit them anymore. We homeschool, so they don't have school shoes, so they usually wear flip flops or sandals everywhere and we wind up with tons of the stupid things, plus leftovers from pairs where one broke. I don't know why they can't just throw them away when I tell them to.

Quoting twinmommy27: Bump! I am a clothes hoarder and I have 12 year old girls. We hoard shoes as well :/

MilkLover0203
by Ruby Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:57 AM
Five pairs of pants/shorts for each child, and a crap load of shirts.
twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 1:00 AM
I myself have a huge walk in closet full of just my clothes and shoes. The girls have so many that their closets are full and my laundry room has tons of their clean clothes in it too.
I hate laundry as well :/
They also have the missing shoe thing. Haha
My one dd hides clothes in an attic wing in her room as well :/ may as well be a toy box because she throws everything in there..
Quoting Anonymous: We definitely have hoarding tendencies, but I fight it. We always wind up with tons of clothes, though, due to a combination of me not keeping up with the laundry and the kids clothes winding up in toy boxes, then not being able to find their clothes. grr! I have to go through the shoes and ditch the ones that don't have matches or fit them anymore. We homeschool, so they don't have school shoes, so they usually wear flip flops or sandals everywhere and we wind up with tons of the stupid things, plus leftovers from pairs where one broke. I don't know why they can't just throw them away when I tell them to.Quoting twinmommy27: Bump!
I am a clothes hoarder and I have 12 year old girls. We hoard shoes as well :/
cakklove
by Gold Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 1:01 AM

Oh man.  We are swimming in clothes...  I'm sure I have way too many.  My daughter is 5 almost 6 and a little fashionista.  Lol.  I have a daughter on the way also.  My poor husband.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)