Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Seriouse question about birth control...

Posted by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:52 AM
  • 45 Replies
How do you ladies feel about birth control? Who takes it? Are u comfortable? I ask because I was taking some birth control pills for awhile then my hair started to fall out real bad so I had my doctor lower the dose and he did but now I'm just nervous about taking them period because all the damn side effects and warnings on them and I'm not sure aabout the iud or anything else i aint comfortable with depo cuz im already heavy set and i dont need to gain no more wait ugggh idk so yes who takes birth control and how does it work for u?
by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cybcm
by Platinum Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:53 AM

I was on the pill for a while and I took it incorrectly, that's how I ended up with my last 3 kids. 100% my fault for being irresponsible with it.

For the past 5 years I have been on depo. No issues at all from it.

i.love.my.life
by Arika on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:54 AM
Birth control does not work for me. It screws my body up so bad. I tried the Paragard, which is non hormonal, and my body rejected the IUD.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:54 AM
1 mom liked this
I refuse to use anything hormonal.
Alliemad_003
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:55 AM
I don't take it. I've only used it for a handful of months collectively.

When we weren't trying for a baby, we used condoms, coupled with avoiding my fertile days. I only got pregnant when I wanted to.

When we were done having kids, my husband had a vasectomy.
Torihoney5njn
by Kristy on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:55 AM
I've taken oral contraceptives since I was 15 with no side effects. You have to find the type that works for you at the right dosage.
My periods went from 8 days super heavy to 3 days super light. I'm on a pill that k take for 12 weeks straight, then one week off the get a period, then back on for 12 weeks, it's awesome. No PMS, no cramps. I got pregnant within a month of stopping them and then got back on it when I stopped breast feeding.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:55 AM
1 mom liked this
well I got pregnant on the depo shot. pregnant on the pill. so now my tubes are tied.
NiamhWitch
by Platinum Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:59 AM

I refuse to take hormonal birth control.  My husband had a vasectomy about 6 months ago, but before that, I used the Fertility Awareness Method, with a diaphragm during my fertile phase.

I am not comfortable with any hormonal method, or any device that has to be semi-permanently "implanted" inside my body.

cookinmommyof1
by Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:59 AM
I've never been on bc. We use condoms. I have a friend who got pregnant of depo. My sister has been taking thr same bc pill since she was 14 with no issues. She will be 31 in july.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 10, 2014 at 1:02 AM
I refuse to use BCPs and my dh hates condoms so we've been using the pull out method for 13 years and its been 100% effective for us.
Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Mar. 10, 2014 at 1:04 AM
I don't take it, nor have I ever.
I've heard not so good things about it. I'm thinking about trying it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)