Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

help I am a terrible mother!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
I have a hard time getting up in the morning I always fall asleep when my 4 month old wakes up crying.
I sit on my ass all day other than to pick up the house a little and make food for my tot and bottles for my infant.
My tot runs around all day and I usually don't pay much attention to them.
I am sickend by this. I truly am. I will be making a doctor appointment soon because I NEVER use to be like this. It's like I'm always tired and have no energy.
I am just so afraid of getting my babies taken from me if I explain it to a doctor :(
Has anyone felt this way?
What did you do to change things?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Amybelle
by Ruby Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:55 AM

hmmmmmmmmm

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:57 AM

Perhaps you should try going to bed earlier at night? It's hard to stay awake when you're tired.  I am a night owl by nature, but I have to force myself to go to bed earlier so I can be a better parent. Even now, I know I"m up too late.  Time change has me messed up! 

Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:59 AM
Just tell the doctor you are always tired, don't mention parenting.
They will take a blood sample, chances are you have low iron.
iagtkm1234
by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 1:39 AM

You are at an extremely difficult point of mothering.  Sounds like you don't have a lot of support.  See your doctor, you don't have to go into detail if you are worried, but for crying out loud, post-natal depression awareness is so PC now, you should have their attention right away.  I never asked for help, and trust me, it doesn't get better on its own.  You can see your GP or OB right away, and they will give you medication if that's what you want to try; if it is, next see a psychiatrist.  Regular doctors are really nervous about psych drugs.  And about the support, if you are not getting it, you need to really express to those around you how you are feeling and try to come up with a plan;  I know it's not a good time for you to be "planning" anything, but others might not get it unless you tell them exactly what you need.  Might be a good time to look for a part time job if you can swing it.  Something to force you to get out of the house.  You are a good mom to look for help.

Elyssa414
by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 1:42 AM
Glad you are going to see your doctor. They won't take your kids away, but they will help you figure out if you have PPD or anemia or vitamin deficiency making you feel this way.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 10, 2014 at 1:52 AM
You likely have PPD. I never had it after DD was born (she is 5 now), but I was like this after my first miscarriage. I wanted to sleep all of the time, I didn't want to be around my DD and my DH slept all day and worked nights, so despite feeling the way I did, I still took care of DD but it wasn't without struggle. I cried a lot at night and refused to sleep in my bedroom for months (where the miscarriage occurred). I never told my doctor any of this and my DH's mother (who was an obgyn) told him it is possible to have PPD after a miscarriage.

Truthfully, I spent months like that. Please talk to your doctor. They will help.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 10, 2014 at 3:12 AM
Hugs.

Good that you are going to the doctor.
Maybe a relative can stay with you for couple hours a day to help you with the baby...Maybe couple days of good sleep, will help you to feel all re-charged!!
KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 3:16 AM
Get treatment for depression. They don't take your kids away for that.

Remember what kind of mom you wanted to be.

Exercise, sleep, and sunshine load your body up on feel-good hormones and energy. You can't shortchange these areas.

Finally, find ways to just totally enjoy mommyhood and your kids. Get involved with them even when you don't feel like it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)