Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Stupid SOB could have killed my son!

Posted by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 7:31 AM
  • 463 Replies
4 moms liked this
I am so glad that my son's bus driver has the rule that he has to give a thumbs up before the kids can cross the street to get on the bus. My son got out of the car to get on the bus. My attention is on him. All of a sudden I hear a horn honking. Its the bus! Car drove right past! It kills me thinking that my 5 year old could have been impulsive and just started to run across the street as soon as the bar was out and this ASSHOLE could have hit him! Saw the bus driver writing down the license plate info. And my son waited right by the car until he was done writing and gave him the thumbs up.

ETA: if you're just coming into the post, please ignore the anon comment on the first page that says the cops won't do anything. She's been quoted so many times, but is adamant that nothing will happen unless it was witnessed by a cop, and she knows because "her dh a cop". Despite laws being quoted to her she copy and pastes stupid answers about not needing validation from the internet, we're all pathetic losers, she doesn't read our rantings, and we're all just wrong. Frankly, I'm getting tired of seeing her exact same responses, so if we could all just ignore her she might actually go away.
by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 7:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ajrjj05
by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 7:32 AM
6 moms liked this
Why don't you walk your son across the street?
twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 7:33 AM
16 moms liked this
What a good bus driver and thank god your little one was listening!
Hugs, how scary!!
Angelicembrace
by The Dorkfish on Mar. 10, 2014 at 7:34 AM
1 mom liked this

:( that's awful. I hope that person gets caught!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 10, 2014 at 7:34 AM
2 moms liked this
This my 6 year old crosses no streets without an adult

Quoting ajrjj05: Why don't you walk your son across the street?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 10, 2014 at 7:37 AM
what good is writing down the license plate? its not the the police can do anything now, they didn't see it happening & will not do anything.
Miranda1127
by Platinum Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 7:39 AM
1 mom liked this
At 5 I would have gotten out of the car and walked him across the street.

This is the first year either of my kids have to cross the street to get on the bus. I live on a main road w/a speed limit of 40mph. Every morning I wait by the four and dread when my 12yr olds bus pulls up. I couldn't tell you how many times people have blown the buses stop sign. It's insane. This is why we teach them these safety pukes though...b/c you can't rely on other people to be decent and refrain from running kids over
ncbirdie
by Platinum Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 7:40 AM
8 moms liked this
Not true at all. Back in high school my brother was driving through the school parking lot and went past the buses. My dad wound up with a ticket in the mail because the car was in his name. They take that shit seriously here.

Quoting Anonymous: what good is writing down the license plate? its not the the police can do anything now, they didn't see it happening & will not do anything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 10, 2014 at 7:41 AM
3 moms liked this

You seem a tad bit over dramatic.  Also most people would walk a 5 year old across the street.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 10, 2014 at 7:42 AM
1 mom liked this
very true & I don't care about an instance where a cop saw ur brother do something wrong and got caught.

Quoting ncbirdie: Not true at all. Back in high school my brother was driving through the school parking lot and went past the buses. My dad wound up with a ticket in the mail because the car was in his name. They take that shit seriously here.

Quoting Anonymous: what good is writing down the license plate? its not the the police can do anything now, they didn't see it happening & will not do anything.
PandTsmomjuly
by Florence on Mar. 10, 2014 at 7:44 AM
2 moms liked this
After 3 kids being hit in our area the driver faces at least a fine and in some cases a court appearance and further penalty.

They are serious about it around here.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN