Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Very strange question

Posted by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 9:51 AM
  • 22 Replies
My dds cat never ever sleeps anywhere but dds bed. She's 15 years old and has always been very attached to dd. Well, the past week she's been crawling into DSs bed and even when ds isn't home she's sleep in his bed. She's never done this before. This past week DS has started to show early signs of puberty (slight BO and peach fuzz down there) Does anyone know if the change in the cats behavior may be because she senses the change in DSs hormones?

Told ya it was a strange question lol
by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 9:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 10, 2014 at 9:52 AM
1 mom liked this
No clue, but here's a bump, ya weirdo. lol
acrogodess
by Ruby Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 9:52 AM
Could just be old age.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 9:53 AM

not sure..

bump

holyhoola
by Platinum Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 9:54 AM
I would assume it's a coincidence.
tntmomof2
by Platinum Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 9:55 AM
Lmao. Its a scientific fac that they sense the hormone changes in a pregnant woman so it's not too far fetched :p

Quoting Anonymous: No clue, but here's a bump, ya weirdo. lol
JackieGirl007
by Ruby Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 9:56 AM

So the cat is now sleeping in the kids room even when he's not there and you're wondering if it's because he's going through puberty?

Highly doubtful, lol.

tntmomof2
by Platinum Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:04 AM
Finally got a hold of my friend whos a vet tech. Apparently its not a coincidence. The cat is responding to the male sex hormone which is still on his sheets and comforter when he's not home.

Quoting JackieGirl007:

So the cat is now sleeping in the kids room even when he's not there and you're wondering if it's because he's going through puberty?

Highly doubtful, lol.

JC2223
by Gold Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:07 AM

I would say yes, cats are sensitive to bodily changes in us. I would also consider the cat having health issues. When they are sick, they change behaviors too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:11 AM
No clue. Ds's cat was very attached to him since the night we brought him home. He followed ds around, everywhere ds went pip did too. Than pip almost died this past July and now he's extremely attached to dh. He still snuggles with ds greets him when he comes home and sleeps in his bed but he seeks dh out, refuses to leave dh's side while he's home and only lets dh pet him. He will onky eat if dh feeds him and will only play fetch with dh.
BamaMommy2
by Angel.N.Disguise on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:16 AM

Weird question, indeed.  LOL....

I have no idea. Here's a bump!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)