Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Chuck E Cheese birthday question?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 51 Replies

My daughter is turning 4 this year and wants to have her party at chuck e cheese, which is great! Her other parties have either been in the back yard or a park (it's in June, we had a blast last year with water balloons, sprinklers, and cooking out). I've always paid for the parties- decorations, food, games, fun, etc. This year I ask my ex if he can pay half since he's the one with the large family who is coming ( only people from my family coming is my mom and my sister and her family). 15 kids and 23 adults add up quick. He says fine but then a week later he texts me saying he can't because child support  took his taxes. Trying to avoid an argument I say fine, I'll pay for all the kids and the adults can just buy their own pizza and drinks unless by June you've came up with some money to pay for a couple pizzas and ask him to estimate how many people he thinks may be able to come so I can reserve a space. His reply is "probably none due to cost". Am I wrong here for asking adults to pay for their own pizza and drinks?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:28 AM
2 moms liked this

If you can not afford to pay for everyone's pizza and drinks, either don't invite a shit load of people or don't have it there. That place, is CRAZY expensive!

Also, if he is not willing to help pay for HIS child bday, I wouldn't invite his family. If CS took all his taxes, I assume he doesn't pay child support?

jjames1990
by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:29 AM
I think it is tacky to ask them to pay. They are bringing a gift. Historically that is all that is asked of guests.

Only invite enough people that you can affors to pay for.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:30 AM
2 moms liked this

I would not be paying for adults to eat. It is a KIDS bday party. I do not expect to be fed when my child gets invited to a Chuck E Cheese party.

SaratheN
by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:31 AM

If you can't afford the pizza, drinks and tokens for the party, you shouldn't have it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:32 AM

He pays when he wants to.

Quoting Anonymous:

If you can not afford to pay for everyone's pizza and drinks, either don't invite a shit load of people or don't have it there. That place, is CRAZY expensive!

Also, if he is not willing to help pay for HIS child bday, I wouldn't invite his family. If CS took all his taxes, I assume he doesn't pay child support?

got2monsters
by Ruby Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:33 AM
I would pay for the KIDS to attend a KIDS party. Not adults.
thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:34 AM
I would just invite your family and pay for them.

Adults shouldn't expect to be fed but it is gracious if you choose to do that
imthatgirl0607
by Ruby Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:34 AM

I don't understand why you're inviting 23 adults to a kids birthday party. And 15 kids? to a 4yos party?

Why not invite what you can afford?

KelliansMom
by Platinum Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:35 AM
We had my sons party at chuck e cheese last November. It was actually didn't cost as much as I thought. I did order a veggie platter for the adults but I was the only one who ate it lol. The parents didn't eat really.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:37 AM
He's a jerk! He should be paying half for his kids birthday. Sorry op.I would just invite your friends and family. Let His side plan something else.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN