Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm so angry at BM

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies

I have a step daughter who is 15 years old. Her biological mother is a meth addict and has no rights to the child at all. She hasn't reached out to SD in almost 10 years. She also has two other kids from different men and she doesn't have custody of those two kids either..and she's expecting again from a 56 year old meth addict.

Meanwhile, my stepdaughter tried to commit suicide last week and is currently sitting in a psych ward because she tried to kill herself over her mother saying her mother doesn't love her because she never reached out to her.

I have so much anger and resentment towards BM because she is out there living her life (when shes NOT in prison) and popping out kids like it's nobodys business. I just can't let go of the fact that she has hurt SD the way she has and has absolutely no regard.

It's making my life miserable having to see my SD so distraught and hurt and there's nothing I can do to make my baby feel better.

What would you do in my situation?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:43 AM
bump
Chels3
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:45 AM

:( I got nothing. 
But I'm sorry OP

That really does suck.  

bleumonster
by Ruby Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:46 AM
I would feel the same. Your SD needs extensive therapy, which hopefully she will get now and possibly family counseling, including the whole family.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:46 AM

It does suck. It's a really tough situation, thank you though.

Quoting Chels3:

:( I got nothing. But I'm sorry OP

That really does suck.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:47 AM

She's in the psych ward now, and they are saying she needs an anti-depressant which she is refusing to take. She says she doesn't want any medicine that "stabilizes" her mood..i'm at a loss

SQuoting bleumonster: I would feel the same. Your SD needs extensive therapy, which hopefully she will get now and possibly family counseling, including the whole family.

kaycersmom
by Katie on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:47 AM
Im confused, she called her up after ten years just to tell her she doesn't love her?
rosaleeandtwo
by Gold Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this
I dont think there is a lot you can do other than continue to be there and support your SD.

I think your anger is completely justified but that woman sounds like she's in a place where she can't or won't "hear you" or even care what devastation her actions are causing others.

I'm so sorry her mothers behavior has caused problems for her daughter and for all of you since you clearly have a lot of love for your SD. I hope she feels better and happier soon!
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:49 AM

If she hasn't had contact in ten years, why is this on her?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:49 AM

what? I didn't say anything that BM called. She hasn't reached out to SD in 10 years. No phone calls, no cards, no pictures, nothing what-so-ever.

SD has always had a hard time that her mother doesn't reach out to her, and she had a mental breakdown and tried to commit suicide over it.

Quoting kaycersmom: Im confused, she called her up after ten years just to tell her she doesn't love her?

Chels3
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this

My mom was a crack addict/pill addict etc., etc., Friggin etc.,
When I was pregnant I made the deicision to all but cut her from my life.
For my DD.
Though...
I brought her one picture from a 32 week 3D US.
She looked at it threw it on her bed table, rolled over, and passed back out :/
And now doesn't understand why I don't let her around DD

Addicts say stupid crap. To hurt people.
In return sometimes making them feel better about themselves.
Make her realize that.

Show her love and support.  

Quoting Anonymous:

It does suck. It's a really tough situation, thank you though.

Quoting Chels3:

:( I got nothing. But I'm sorry OP

That really does suck.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)