Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

TTC after Mirena?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies

DH and I have finally decided for sure....we want another baby!

I am just so happy DH has agreed...for awhile he was on the fence about a third child. We have a 5 and 7 year old. One boy, one girl.

We are thinking of beginning to TTC in December....The reason for the wait is b/c my DD will then be enrolled in Kindergarten and the new baby would be born, in the fall of next year, when the kids are back in school. Plus we are moving to a new house this Summer and will need time to settle in. 

I am nervous about TTC after having Mirena for the last 5 years. I concieved both my children within a month of deciding to get pregnant. I know for many people it takes much longer....and I have heard of horror stories of infertility after Mirena. I plan to have it removed soon and use condoms until time to get pregnant. That way my cervix has time to thicken back up, and my cycle can become normal again.

Does anyone have any promising stories of getting pregnant after Mirena? Seems like you only hear the bad ones...

I just don't know how I will make it until December to start trying! DH and I sat up for hours last night talking about baby names!!! lol

Oh and FYI I decided to post annon b/c I have nosey family on this site...who don't need to know I am TTC until I am pregnant...lol

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweetiebell
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:58 AM
I was preg a week after taking it out.
Careeka22
by Caitlin on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:59 AM

Well mine was in a shorter time than yours, mine was just over 2 years but I got pregnant a month after it was removed. We decided to TTC in Sept, got it removed the end of that month, I let my body regulate for 1 month after and then month after that I was pregnant. I am now 21 weeks with a baby girl! I know there are some bad stories and I think the fact that I also got my period back while on the Mirena (and even while nursing) helped my body regulate faster. It is a good idea to give your body a few months and you should be fine. GL!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:01 AM

Quoting sweetiebell: I was preg a week after taking it out.

WOW! That is promising!!! LOL!

Did you have a cycle while using mirena? I have not had a period in 5 years....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:01 AM
Both our previous kids were conceived in two months (no iud), after merina we ttc'd for 9 months and are now due in juky :) I will never use a iud again..ever..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:02 AM

Quoting Careeka22:

Well mine was in a shorter time than yours, mine was just over 2 years but I got pregnant a month after it was removed. We decided to TTC in Sept, got it removed the end of that month, I let my body regulate for 1 month after and then month after that I was pregnant. I am now 21 weeks with a baby girl! I know there are some bad stories and I think the fact that I also got my period back while on the Mirena (and even while nursing) helped my body regulate faster. It is a good idea to give your body a few months and you should be fine. GL!

Thanks! I think one of the main things that worries me is the fact that I have not had a cycle in 5 years. I just hope everything goes back to normal when I get it taken out. LOL.

All of the bad things you hear now about Mirena, were not being said when I got this put in.

MamaJess9
by Platinum Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:03 AM

I had my Mirena removed in May (not to TTC) and my period didn't return until November.  So I'd guess that if I had been TTC, I wouldn't have even been fertile for the first 6 months.

ColieO
by Ruby Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:03 AM
I was pregnant within 5 days of it being taken out. I miscarried at 8 weeks and conceived again a month later.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bellydancer1984
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:04 AM

i got pregnant with the mirena in...i had it taken out and had a miscarriage...i got the depo shot 2 weeks after the miscarriage and got pregnant with my daughter 6 weeks after that....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:04 AM

Quoting Anonymous: Both our previous kids were conceived in two months (no iud), after merina we ttc'd for 9 months and are now due in juky :) I will never use a iud again..ever..

Congrats on the pregnancy! :)  Maybe since I will have mine out for about 8 months before TTC I will have better luck...I can hope anyway lol

sweetiebell
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:06 AM
About every 3 months I ha 2-4 day period.

my Dr actually told me I could be preg immediately after taking it out without even having sex if I had sex the day before. But I honestly was soo surprised it happened so fast.

my advice would be to use condoms etc for the first month so you have at least one cycle and can count your days.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting sweetiebell: I was preg a week after taking it out.

WOW! That is promising!!! LOL!

Did you have a cycle while using mirena? I have not had a period in 5 years....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN