Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Quick waxing question.

Posted by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:05 AM
  • 12 Replies

Mobile Photo

I waxed my eyebrows for the first time ever yesterday. I love it but have a few questions.

I have really sensitive skin so this might be normal. I'm still a bit red and have now broken out at the waxing site. When I do micro derm. Scrubs I stay red for 24hrs.

Anyone else ever experience this?
by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dommad2
by Platinum Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:32 AM
Bump
dommad2
by Platinum Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 1:06 PM
Anyone?
LogansMommy0328
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 1:08 PM
You waxed your own brows or had them done somewhere? Maybe the wax was to hot and it burned your skin that can happen unfortunately
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 10, 2014 at 1:10 PM
When I do my lip at home with the Sally hensen wax strips, my skin is red and welts up for half a day or so. I guess I'm just sensitive to it.
dommad2
by Platinum Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 1:11 PM
Had it done at a spa. Wasn't hot at all really. The redness has gone away this morning so I think that's like the problem I have w micro derm. It's the breakouts I find really weird

Quoting LogansMommy0328: You waxed your own brows or had them done somewhere? Maybe the wax was to hot and it burned your skin that can happen unfortunately
dommad2
by Platinum Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 1:12 PM
Hmm maybe it is welts. They're small so it's hard to tell

Quoting Anonymous: When I do my lip at home with the Sally hensen wax strips, my skin is red and welts up for half a day or so. I guess I'm just sensitive to it.
MaryJanesFlower
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 1:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Mine will turn really red and swell but it goes away within a hour. I've never broken out. Its probably just a reaction and will go away soon.
dommad2
by Platinum Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 1:37 PM
Thank you.

Quoting MaryJanesFlower: Mine will turn really red and swell but it goes away within a hour. I've never broken out. Its probably just a reaction and will go away soon.
LogansMommy0328
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 8:48 AM
They should go away did you have any makeup on when you had them done?

Quoting dommad2: Had it done at a spa. Wasn't hot at all really. The redness has gone away this morning so I think that's like the problem I have w micro derm. It's the breakouts I find really weird

Quoting LogansMommy0328: You waxed your own brows or had them done somewhere? Maybe the wax was to hot and it burned your skin that can happen unfortunately
dommad2
by Platinum Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 8:51 AM
No, I've also made sure not to put any on. It's a bit better yoday. The red is gone

Quoting LogansMommy0328: They should go away did you have any makeup on when you had them done?

Quoting dommad2: Had it done at a spa. Wasn't hot at all really. The redness has gone away this morning so I think that's like the problem I have w micro derm. It's the breakouts I find really weird

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN