Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What is happening to families?

Posted by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 2:13 PM
  • 172 Replies
5 moms liked this

There are so many post about problems with the ex and dealing with kids and blah, blah, blah. 

I understand that sometimes a marriage will not work out but damn...it seems like hardly anyone now a days even tries to make one work. Having a kid and then separating is one of the worst things that can happen for a child. It's almost selfish....again...I understand not ALL work out....my mom had to leave my dad bc he was extremely abusive. 

People need to be careful and think clearly before deciding to settle and start a family.....isn't that the idea? To START a family? So why are so many breaking them up? 

Becoming a mother has made me into the woman I have always wanted to be.       

by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 2:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 10, 2014 at 2:16 PM

Because he left one day and never came back. We had been together for 4 years, I have fertility issues, we had to try for over a year to conceive our daughter. He was my best friend, I thought the sun shone out of his ass, and he abandoned us both. Me and our planned baby. 

lwalker270
by Ruby Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 2:17 PM
2 moms liked this

I think a lot of it is because this is a place where women come to vent.  IRL, I don't know that many couples that have divorced in relation to the number of married couples I know who have been married for some time.  DH and I have been married for 23 years and most of our married friends have been married between 10 - 15 years.

o.0
by Gold Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 2:18 PM

:(  What an ass.  You are much better off without him.

Quoting Anonymous:

Because he left one day and never came back. We had been together for 4 years, I have fertility issues, we had to try for over a year to conceive our daughter. He was my best friend, I thought the sun shone out of his ass, and he abandoned us both. Me and our planned baby. 

mygardenia
by Gold Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 2:19 PM

Wow I'm sorry, that's terrible that you and your daughter have to go through that. Have you heard from him?

Quoting Anonymous:

mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Mar. 10, 2014 at 2:19 PM
I agree. Everyone has their excuses and reasons but the point is these days a marriage, relationship, families are disposable.
yesterday I saw a woman on here saying that if Her husband didn't have sex with her everyday she would leave her house and her marriage even though she had children because she couldn't live without sex daily
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 10, 2014 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, he has regular visitation with our dd now. He claims that he wasn't ready for the family life and is now living in his mother's basement. He has been there for about 10 years.

Quoting mygardenia:

Wow I'm sorry, that's terrible that you and your daughter have to go through that. Have you heard from him?

Quoting Anonymous:

PPCLC
by Platinum Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 2:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Ideally, yes, people should consider everything you've written here.

However, reality is that people within a relationship can naturally change over time. Even those feelings can change for their spouse and living together becomes worse than living apart.

My Dh and I will be married 28 years in April. We've been through a lot of ups and downs in that time but at the core, we still love each other immensely and actually LIKE one another.

Not every couple will feel the same way. I think it's healthier to cut your losses as a couple and walk away from a bad relationship that has issues that will do nothing but fester as time goes on, making life incredibly hard for all--including any children.

Quoting mygardenia:

People need to be careful and think clearly before deciding to settle and start a family.....isn't that the idea? To START a family? So why are so many breaking them up? 

mygardenia
by Gold Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 2:23 PM

It could absolutely be that....even though the divorce rate is higher now than it was before. It is true that in our circle of friends the marriages are lasting. My husband and I are on 11 years this July

Quoting lwalker270:

I think a lot of it is because this is a place where women come to vent.  IRL, I don't know that many couples that have divorced in relation to the number of married couples I know who have been married for some time.  DH and I have been married for 23 years and most of our married friends have been married between 10 - 15 years.

PPCLC
by Platinum Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 2:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Hate to say it but this IS MC and CM. There are quite a few little toads hopping around this site who probably shouldn't have been married in the first place simply based on their severe lack of maturity to begin with.

Quoting mommy_me: yesterday I saw a woman on here saying that if Her husband didn't have sex with her everyday she would leave her house and her marriage even though she had children because she couldn't live without sex daily

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 10, 2014 at 2:24 PM
5 moms liked this

It's better for a child to have two different families apart than to live with two people that hate each other in one family. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN