Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

the same total stranger has made me cry twice in the last 24 hours....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 345 Replies
498 moms liked this
I work at a convenience store. Last night, near thebeginning of my shift, this lady came in and was looking through the newspaper. I didn't think much of it ( people always check to make sure the coupons are there before they buy it) until she came up to the counter with it. She asked if I could help her find the obituary section because she was having a hard time finding it. We found it and then she lightly touched a picture of a man and said quietly " That's my husband. We lost him on Thursday..." Well, my heart was cracking into a milion tiny pieces at the expression on her face - so much love and grief all at once. She said she was going to buy six copies of the paper, to send to his siblings who live overseas. I couldn't bring myself to take her money, so I bagged the papers and paid for them myself. She cried and hugged me on the way out.
About three hours later this guy comes in and asked if I had been there all evening and if I was the only young lady working. I said yes, I was. He got all teary eyed and said " My mom was in a few hours ago. She got a couple papers with my dads obit in them..she said you.paid for them for her." I said I had and he thanked me and said " It might not have seemed a big deal to you, but it was a huge gesture to my mother" I spent the
rest of the evening sniffling.
Well, my boss just called me. A man had called and told her he just wanted her to know what exceptional, wonderful employees she had and told her what I did. She was very proud of me. I was kinda surprised he took the time to call - after all he had come and thanked me...It made me realize just how big a deal it had been to them and here I am sniffling again.. I feel so grateful that I was able to shine even a small light into someone elses dark moment.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 10, 2014 at 2:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 10, 2014 at 2:35 PM
Bump
die4u
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 2:41 PM
18 moms liked this

awww, i'm sniffling, got goosebumps too! Good job momma!

mysticatgal
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 2:43 PM
That's so sweet. It's awesome you did what you could in that difficult time!
Jblb
by Ruby Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 2:43 PM
6 moms liked this
Thoughtful people still exist and thankful people still exist! You should feel proud!
AZHOTMOM
by Platinum Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 2:44 PM
6 moms liked this

Good Job mama!!

Sometimes its the small, somewhat insignificant things that changes someone's world. You did that for that lady, in her time of need, it wasn't condolences or words of sorrow that consoled her, it was your act of kindness that did so much.

U-R-Beautiful
by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 2:44 PM
3 moms liked this
Hugs. Such a sweet woman you are. What a beautiful story to share. Thanks.
RonaH
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 2:45 PM

awwwwwwwwwwwww..

VirgoMom07
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 2:45 PM
8 moms liked this
This was so not what I expected to read when I opened this post. It's good to know there are still decent people in the world.
arizbet22
by Yetta on Mar. 10, 2014 at 2:46 PM
2 moms liked this

It was very sweet of you :)

oliveoil423
by Gold Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 2:47 PM
Aww that sad. That made me teary

Half of the boss found out that out about there employees paying for stuff the customers they get fired over something really nice for the people.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)