Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Court ordered to stop pageants?

Posted by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 5:29 PM
  • 41 Replies

My ex is very against pageants and would never even consider letting DD do them. The only pageants he had ever saw was on Toddlers and Tiaras, which makes pageant moms look bad in the first place. Since we split, I decided to put DD in pageants with her friend who does pageants. I pay for it all, he hasn't even paid CS since we split so it's not like he is being forced to pay for it.

He wants it in the custody agreement that we must agree on all activities that DD participates in, and since he doesn't agree with gymnastics or pageants, he wants it to be court ordered that she can't participate. 

She loves them, only does all natural pageants. No fake hair, teeth, make up, etc.

We celebrate ANY award even if its just a participation award, we don't make her believe that she lost or she didn't do good since she didn't make a title or supreme, etc...

I know alot of CM is anti-pageants, which is why I never post about them but would the judge actually force her to stop since she does like them, just because he doesn't agree with them?

by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 5:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
firespurity
by Ruby Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 5:32 PM
No clue. Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 10, 2014 at 5:32 PM
3 moms liked this
I'm with youur ex on this one.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 10, 2014 at 5:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, I gues the question is if the two of you were still together and he disagreed- would that opinion be heard? together or not, he is still her father and should have a say in the activities she is in...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 10, 2014 at 5:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I live in Louisiana. My ex said he didn't believe in dance, therefore the girls shouldn't be in it. It is against his religion. The judge told him too bad. My kids can dance and he has to pay 1/2. I am the custodial parent. I make all decisions as to what activities the kids are in and he has to suck it up. 

AllofFive19
by Ruby Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 5:33 PM

The judge may if the judge himself is biased against pageants. Of course the judge may tell your ex to suck it up. Just go in court informed if it comes down to you against him in that area. (The type of pageants, the dress they'll be required to wear, etc).

PrissyAnne
by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 5:33 PM
How old is she?
lillettemomma
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 5:34 PM
They will put an agreement clause and he will just not agree more than likely
Sparklepants747
by Queen Annie on Mar. 10, 2014 at 5:34 PM

I don't agree with your attitude on the losses, but I'm not you. I don't think he could put a stop to it. 

Joie35
by Platinum Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 5:34 PM
I don't think he should be able to stop her from participating in something she loves as long as it isn't abusive or something and he isn't the one paying for it. I don't see pageants as inherently abusive. Some pageant moms get carried away and take things to far and it may become almost abusive but not all pageant moms are the same.
liltampa71
by Platinum Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 5:34 PM

I would doubt it, unless he can prove it is harming her somehow.

What is his issue with gymnastics?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN