Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

3D/4D ultrasound

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

I call a local place that does 3D/4D ultrasound, He toldme i cant do it because i am too far along. I am 33weeks pregnant and by the time he can schedule me in i will be 35weeks.. He said the picture wont turn out good because the baby doesnt have much room anymore.. Has anyone had a 3D/4D ultrasound 35+weeks? At this place i called they only do them 28-32weeks..

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 10, 2014 at 7:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 10, 2014 at 7:51 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 10, 2014 at 7:52 PM

no...the place near me only does it from like 25-30 weeks or something close to that. 

bcoll
by Brandi on Mar. 10, 2014 at 7:53 PM

Never had or wanted that kind. Here's a bump.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 10, 2014 at 7:59 PM

i didnt know it was better to get them earlier :( boo i wish i did more research 

Quoting Anonymous:

no...the place near me only does it from like 25-30 weeks or something close to that. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 10, 2014 at 8:21 PM

yea..they are bigger so not as much space, fluid around them. it would likely just be a waste of time and money. sorry mama!

Quoting Anonymous:

i didnt know it was better to get them earlier :( boo i wish i did more research 

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 10, 2014 at 8:22 PM

Thats what he told me.. He said i would be disappointed and pretty much said a waste of money.. He wouldnt even made an appointment for me ;(

Quoting Anonymous:

yea..they are bigger so not as much space, fluid around them. it would likely just be a waste of time and money. sorry mama!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

ajdahd13
by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 8:23 PM
My doctor only does them until 30 weeks for that reason.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 10, 2014 at 8:25 PM

he was doing you a favor...i know it still sucks though. but when i got it done with ds1...it was basically a waste of money. we clearly did it within the time frame but ds was big and had very little movement...it was a waste. he moved maybe once the entire session, even with me drinking orange juice and trying to eat some chocolate. i was his last appt so he had me walk around, try to get baby to wake up or get active or SOMETHING but he just wasn't having it. i know your bummed but it rreally would be a waste. so i have a bunch of pictures and a 20 minute video of the same damn picture lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Thats what he told me.. He said i would be disappointed and pretty much said a waste of money.. He wouldnt even made an appointment for me ;(

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

amandacr1026
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 8:39 PM

I only got the 2D and even those get a little distorted that far along because the baby is so close to the surface you can't really see anything.

Melbornj
by Platinum Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 8:41 PM
I had them weekly up until delivery and yes after about thirty weeks it would be a waste.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN