Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I guess I lucked out in the Ex Dept.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
1 mom liked this

I keep seeing all these posts about crazy Ex's and BM and crap.

It makes me realize I lucked out in the Ex Dept.

We get along, he can call me or the kids anytime he wants, If the kids have a Dr appt, he wants to be there and has no issues with me being there, he takes the kids if I have to work and he is off even though they are my days and on his days if he has a appt or somthing I will take the kids, He dosn't bitch about CS, He buys the kids clothes and school things if they need them and doesn't say a word.  we both went in to H&R block and figured out how to do the taxes so that we both ended up with about the same ammount of refund etc.

My son was told to stand up in class and tell about somthing that is going on in his life, his teacher said that he told the class "my mom and dad got a divorce, but that's okay sometimes that happens. We live with mom and Big Pa (my dad) now and visit daddy when he is not working or when momma works. Momma and Daddy both still love us!!"  I am so happy that my kids are okay.  

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rebecca7708
by Platinum Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Ideally, that's how it's supposed to work. Good for you for being a grown up.
MountieMama
by Gold Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:01 PM
My parents were the same. My dad even slept over on Christmas when I was young.

It can happen and that's awesome for you!!
seemommyrun
by Sue daNim on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:02 PM

Sounds like you're doin' it right...:)

belindah
by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:02 PM

Sounds like you and your ex, know where your priorities should be.

Rocker.Mom.07
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:04 PM

My ex and I will be like that...when he gets his life together. But my DH and his ex...different story.

SouthernSweetT
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:07 PM
This. Unfortunately, things don't always work for one reason or another, but I think you're handling it well and you both seem to be making the best of it for your child and it shows. Wtg.

Quoting belindah:

Sounds like you and your ex, know where your priorities should be.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:09 PM
Are either of you dating or remarried? Just wondering.
ExquisiteMomof2
by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:10 PM
My parents got along great after their divorce. They were WAY better friends than spouses.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:13 PM
1 mom liked this

No, well he thought I was seeing someone (just going out to dinner with a old friend) and all he said was "use a condom" and laughed. Things may change if we do start dating again, but anyone I date will know that my kids are my Priority and that Ex is their dad and he will be as much a part of their lives and he wants to be. Ex feels the same way

Quoting Anonymous: Are either of you dating or remarried? Just wondering.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:16 PM
I see. It's just that most people I know who divorce usually get along until one of them remarries or starts having more children. (Not saying that will happen to you). Cool beans

Quoting Anonymous:

No, well he thought I was seeing someone (just going out to dinner with a old friend) and all he said was "use a condom" and laughed. Things may change if we do start dating again, but anyone I date will know that my kids are my Priority and that Ex is their dad and he will be as much a part of their lives and he wants to be. Ex feels the same way

Quoting Anonymous: Are either of you dating or remarried? Just wondering.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN