Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

WHAT IS GOING ON WITH MY BABY!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
Long story short her father used to send her home to me filthy, never bathed, total case of neglect, but nobody listened to me or looked at the pictures. Now he's with his new gf, they love together. But she comes home and drinks non stop. She literally chugs water, milk, juice. My whole family has seen it. She is scared to go there. We meet at a gas station for the hand off. When we start going down that hill her whole face changes from happy to fear. She screams please, stay with you mommy. She's 3. We have 50/50. She's always cried when she had to go there but now its extreme. My aunt or dad always come along for drop off and pick up as witnesses and my aunt even asked him what is going on. I have never heard her scream like that until she sees her father. What do I do? She's to young to say for sure what happens. I'm so scared she's being abuses or neglected. This is my baby. Anyone ever have this problem? What was the cause? How did you get the court to listen? And before anyone asks yes she does come home with huge bruises. I've taken pictures, sent them in and nothing. Please anyone help!
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:41 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:42 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:37 PM
2 moms liked this
You need to start documenting everything and even on video. Something is going on. You need to get proof and go back to court.
KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:40 PM
7 moms liked this
If my child were being picked up with huge bruises (that didn't look like play)...I would stop by cps on the way home or a police station if it were after hours and have THEM document it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:42 PM
You need to get an emergency hearing in family court.
kewimom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:45 PM
Stop by the police station ask for a officer to witness the exchange and document it for court
Allisonc7910
by Gold Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:48 PM
At 3 she can't say if someone hurt her?
Mrsmayaguy
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:48 PM

First of all I hope you are taking this seriously.

Id go to court and request an emergency hearing to get his visitaion supervised for now. Id also have her see her doctor TOMORROW and also a child therapist. I would probably contact a lawyer as well because navigating the courts can be tricky but the last thing I would do is just worry and do nothing.

also, the doctors testimony may not be admissable in court without your daughter having her own attorney which is why you need an atty to get this all started. Ive been down this road before.

JustMeKat
by Kat on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:48 PM
2 moms liked this

You need to get CPS  involved immediately so they can do a in-home interview with them

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:50 PM
1 mom liked this
I worked with abuse victims. What you need to do is call your local child protection agency, especially before someone else does and you are charged with neglect. You need to tell them the behavior and inform them of the bruises you have seen. They may request that you take her in to an ER for an exam or perform a forensic interview. Do NOT lie or fabricate your story and do NOT try to get her to tell you anything, it could make things more difficult. Just call and report. If nothing comes of it, find a counselor for her to see, a counselor is a mandated reporter and if she reveals anything to the counselor, it will be reported again and may be given more serious consideration. Do NOT try to keep her away from him, if his visits are court ordered, no matter how crazy it makes you, judges don't like that shit and if he takes you to court, it won't help you. Good luck and find a counselor for yourself too, you are facing a shit storm.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)