Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

ETA....Our Anniversary is 7 months away and I have ruined it already!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 64 Replies

I am due in a couple of weeks and I have one child that will begin school this year.  DH asked what I wanted to do for our Anniversary (mind you it is in October).  I told him I wouldn't mind going to Pensacola Beach for the weekend, which is only about an hour away.  My reasoning is our newest LO will only be 7months old and our other child will still be in school and I don't want to be four hours away just in case.  DH seemed to get upset over this, stating that we could go anywhere in the world and he was thinking of being gone for a week.  Bear in mind, he told me that it was my decision and what I wanted to do.  We get off of the phone (he works out of state) and texts me that he is sorry.  I tell him I am sorry, too, and that I am sorry my idea wasn't exciting enough for him.  He responds with, "It's fine.  I can't force you to be exciting, so I will forget it."

Am I in the wrong for feeling the way that I do?

ETA: 

DH works away from home.  He is usually gone a month or two at a time and only home for less than a week most of the time.  Oldest LO is always going somewhere (Dad's two days a week, Granny's on weekends, occasionally my parents during the week.)  When newest LO is born, DH will be home for roughly five days and will be gone again.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:49 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:51 PM
Do y'all get any time by yourselves now? It sounds like he's kinda in a rut and wants to doing something completely awesome with you.... alone. Kinda like a reconnect thing.
mommymix0820
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:53 PM
1 mom liked this

wow that's crappy of him! My babies are two and 11 months and ive only spend one night away from them so i know how u feel. i couldn't imagine spending a whole week away! and for him to work out of state and im assuming he's gone a lot that's even worse of him! im sorry but i don't think ur wrong at all

JCKitten87
by Gold Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:53 PM
I have family in Pensacola :) & I don't see how that's unreasonable with a new baby
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:53 PM
1 mom liked this

AT 7 months your youngest should be fine for you and hubby to go out of country for a week. lol Girl he said anywhere!! Go somewhere!! 

wamom223
by Gold Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:54 PM

I think you should talk more about this.  Your husband wants lots of time alone with you and you may have just hurt his feelings.  Good luck!

ilovemykids323
by Platinum Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this

i think you guys need to sit down and talk about it a little more, so you can each understand where the other is coming from and then decide together.  :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:54 PM

Is it a "big" anniversary? Maybe promise him a big exciting trip in a couple years on what would be a bigger anniversary - when baby would be older and the oldest would be accustomed to school.

ajdahd13
by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:55 PM
I agree with this. Remember, you made forever vows with him.

Quoting Anonymous: Do y'all get any time by yourselves now? It sounds like he's kinda in a rut and wants to doing something completely awesome with you.... alone. Kinda like a reconnect thing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:07 PM

Unfortunately, we don't have much alone time.  He's usually gone for a month and home for maybe a week tops.  When the new LO arrives, he will only be home rougly five days and will be gone again.  With it being this way, we have had some issues.  I've been hormonally crazy since the beginning and he has had his moments. 

Quoting Anonymous: Do y'all get any time by yourselves now? It sounds like he's kinda in a rut and wants to doing something completely awesome with you.... alone. Kinda like a reconnect thing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)