Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

DH can't be serious 0_o

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

My DH can't be serious, he's being pushy about me eating foods that he likes so our unborn baby 'will like them too' when she is born. I am five months pregnant and the foods that he is pushing me to eat I dislike quite a bit. Things such as sardines, chicken and dumplings, potato salad, cole slaw and meatloaf. I eat pretty healthy so it isn't as if I am eating all junk food, I find it pretty irritating that he is being so pushy about this. :/

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Denecia
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:53 PM
2 moms liked this
I would kill for some chicken and dumplings!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this
oh ffs the people having kids nowadays are so freaking stupid.
KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:55 PM
2 moms liked this

Tell him when he gets pregnant he can eat what he chooses.

Kat31
by AlwaysWatching on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Does he realize how asinine that sounds?
chalisa0
by Ruby Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:57 PM

That's pretty stupid of him.  That's not how kids learn to like (or dislike) foods.  Just introduce the foods to the kid when they're little.  I'm a super picky eater, but I still fed my kids the foods I don't like-and they do like a lot of them.  And they dislike foods I do like.  Tell DH to back off (and remember YOU are in charge of your own body when you're pregnant.)  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:05 PM

Wow, way to make yourself appear to be 'freaking stupid' with such a ignorant reply.

Quoting Anonymous: oh ffs the people having kids nowadays are so freaking stupid.

KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:06 PM
:::blank stare:::::
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:08 PM
Uh no. She's pretty much right.

Quoting Anonymous:  Wow, way to make yourself appear to be 'freaking stupid' with such a ignorant reply.
Quoting Anonymous: oh ffs the people having kids nowadays are so freaking stupid.

rachellaree20
by Rachel on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:09 PM

Eew I hate those foods too :/  I'd compile a list of books, websites and other sources that he can look at that will tell him that the baby's future favorite foods aren't dependent on what you eat during the pregnancy.  Anything to get out of eating those foods...the only one I somewhat like is meatloaf.

orchardmoma
by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it's endearing to see a Daddy get involved in a pregnancy. I know it's frustrating, but I'm gonna bet that he's going to be a wonderful dad.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)