Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Did you wait till you were bleeding or water broke?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies
To go to the hospital? My contractions are getting longer and more painful. Just not consistent. The cramping is constant, now I'm feeling it in my back. I went to the hospital on Thursday and was 2-3 dilated. 34 weeks with twins. My mucous plug has been coming out since Friday. Tmi. I feel like a first timer as I never had any labor with my first two. This is a completely new experience. Sorry this is all over the place. Also I'm having a csection so I'm not sure why I have to experience any of this lol
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Michaelsmom0522
by Gold Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:58 PM
When is your c-section scheduled?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:00 PM
It's not

Quoting Michaelsmom0522: When is your c-section scheduled?
Texor
by Platinum Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:01 PM

I had home births, but I did not call my midwife until I was unable to walk through a contraction. 

Fordprefect
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:01 PM

Did you drink water and take a long bath? That could make them subside.

To answer the question in the title, I never experienced bleeding. With my first I went in when my contractions were 5-8 minutes apart and regular. With my second I went in when my water broke after having conractions for a few hours. With my last baby my water broke but I didn't have any contractions.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:02 PM
Why aren't they stopping labor if you need a csection?
carebear10993
by Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:02 PM

You should go to be on the safe side... My water broke with my first and I left about 15mins later. I was used to having contractions tho and I hardly felt mine.

Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:02 PM

My first my water broke first. I was fine staying home longer but my hubby was not. So we went to the free birth center about 4 hours in.

My second I really swear I was going to have her and went to the hospital about 4 hours in. But once I got there I was only 3 cm and it went on for another 14 hours.

My third I had a home birth and loved I didn't have to go anywhere. Everyone came to me. After labor started 45 mins in. I knew it was time to call everyone. She was my shortest birth of 6 hours.

thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:02 PM

What do you mean by bleeding? Bloody show is normal, straight up bleeding is not. My water never broke on its own.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:03 PM
Ugh I can't breathe my ears are pounding, I just don't want to be sent home again and my doc is on spring break too ughhhh
mommy211983
by Platinum Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:03 PM
My water broke and I woke up to contractions. Call your doctor!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)