Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I cannot believe what happened to me (warning, might trigger flashbacks for some)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies

I will start by saying that I am okay, but I had a traumatic experience today. I still can't believe it happened. My landlord was sending one of his workers over to mow the back yard, remove limbs, etc. I was in the Jeep reading while waiting on my son. A man I did not recognize came up. He introduced himself and said he was to work in the back. He held out his hand for a handshake and I thought nothing of it. Instead of shaking my hand, he kissed it. A little strange. While I tried to explain what I needed done, he asked about my husband and if I paid rent. Well, he works for my LANDLORD. What he was really wanting to know was if I had a man inside who paid the bills. I deflected the question and said that my college age son was inside. He proceeded to show me that he did not have a ring and told me his wife died 5 years ago. I told him I was sorry for his loss. He went on and on about being all alone. He told me he had a house in a near by city with no rent. 

I then thought he asked if I had any wine for him. What he actually asked was if I would be his WIFE. I said NO, NO, No...He then asked if I had any girl friends who might need a husband. I walked back to the front while saying I needed to get my SON. He then pinned me between my Jeep and the house, put his arms around me and told me he LOVED me. I was not sure I could dip as quickly as I did, but I tried to get his arms from around me and kept saying, NO! while trying to get away. He saw the front door open and pointed to it....I loudly said I was getting my son. I called loudly for Kevin to come immediately. The man high tailed it down to the other place where he was doing some work before Kevin could even run outside. I told Kevin I wanted the man to see my 6 ft 200+ pound son.

I was really so shaken up that all I knew was that I wanted to get away. We ran a couple of errands and I went by the office and was fortunate enough to speak with the younger of the partners. He assured me that man would not do any more work for them. He said he had trouble with his grandfather hiring people he knew little about and this was one of those instances. We discussed how I was lucky it was not worse and the young man said it definitely sounds like the man has done this before. I told him that one of the things that concerns me is that all of the crew know I work in the back alone. 

When we came home, landlord senior was here. I asked if he had spoken with his grandson. He had not. We know grandson was dialing a number when we walked out of the office. I explained what the man did and he said that if I did not want the man here, he would be taken off of the job. I DO NOT WANT HIM HERE. 

I have discussed this with my sons. BTW, they have both been wonderful. I talked to my cousin who is a retired police officer. I am getting some mace and a bull horn to keep with me when I am outside. I also have a weighted gardening tool that can seriously damage someone and I plan on using it if he comes around.

The man had no smell of alcohol on him...no pot...I honestly did not think that at 53 and very over weight I would have to contend with a man pinning me against my house...a man who was clearly up to no good. 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:05 PM

You said you were IN the Jeep reading how did you suddenly get out of the car long enough to be pinned down by someone? 

twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:07 PM
You should have called the cops :/
What do you think he's done to other women if he was so bold to do it to you on a job he's being paid for?
I'm so sorry that happened to you!

Please though, for the love of anyone you hold dear, call the police if you see him..although I'd still report it if I were you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:09 PM
I hope u called the police
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:10 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

You said you were IN the Jeep reading how did you suddenly get out of the car long enough to be pinned down by someone? 

I got out of the Jeep, walked him to the back to show him what the landlord wanted done. When he asked about my missing husband and asked about being his wife, I walked back up to the drive way and said I was going to get my son. When we walked back up to the front of the house and he saw the front door opened is when he pinned me. It was not like I got out of the Jeep and was pinned. There was a conversation in between.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:12 PM

Quoting twinmommy27: You should have called the cops :/ What do you think he's done to other women if he was so bold to do it to you on a job he's being paid for? I'm so sorry that happened to you! Please though, for the love of anyone you hold dear, call the police if you see him..although I'd still report it if I were you.

I was so stunned that all I wanted to do was get out of here.  I may go to victim services tomorrow.  The younger of the partners does not know him at all and said he was one of the men his grandfather hires without a thorough background check.   

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:13 PM
Wow
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:14 PM
I have mace in my purse. One on my key ring and one in my jacket. I also have about 3 knives in my purse. Another 5 or 6 in my van. And I also carry a gun. Let someone fuck woth me lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:16 PM

Quoting Anonymous: I hope u called the police

I was so shocked that all I could do was yell for my son...I had to get out of here. We left for a couple of hours until I was calm enough to talk to one of the property management owners.  I may call the non emergency or victim services tomorrow.  I am still shocked. Since he saw my son, I don't think he will be back. 

twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:16 PM
I get that. You just wanted it to be over and him as far away as possible.
The problem is, this man knows where you live! Please file a report. Your landlord has to pay him, how does he do this?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting twinmommy27: You should have called the cops :/
What do you think he's done to other women if he was so bold to do it to you on a job he's being paid for?
I'm so sorry that happened to you!

Please though, for the love of anyone you hold dear, call the police if you see him..although I'd still report it if I were you.

I was so stunned that all I wanted to do was get out of here.  I may go to victim services tomorrow.  The younger of the partners does not know him at all and said he was one of the men his grandfather hires without a thorough background check.   

kit_manson
by Platinum Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:21 PM
I am so sorry. I was sexually assaulted by my landlord once while an electrician worked outside... it's terrifying.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN