Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Update/Added: Is it normal for men to keep photos of their exes?

Posted by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:44 PM
  • 67 Replies
Does your current so, dh, boyfriend, etc still have photos of an ex around?

I've expressed my concerns to my boyfriend about his photos but he says they are to remind him of where he came from and his life experiences. I told him that they make me uncomfortable. He said he won't get rid of them and its not fair because I have pictures of my ex. But my ex is my fathers son. My boyfriend argues that because he isn't around anymore there is no point in keeping them. My son is two and doesn't remember him.

How would you feel? And is this normal for men or women to do?

Update - he deleted the photos on his laptop slideshow without me saying anything. He noticed and apologized. He doesn't use the laptop very much and forgot that those photos were on there.

And.... For the mothers who's child/ren's father is not your current DH, what did you do with the fathers photos? If your child's biological father is not in the picture, where are his photos now?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tooth_Inspector
by Platinum Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:45 PM
No. My husband was married before, as was I. My ex died so I have a few pictures for my daughters but my husband got rid of all photos of his ex once we got married. Why have that threat and wonder in your marriage if that ex truly means nothing?

Are the pictures of the women alone or your DH and his ex?
firespurity
by Ruby Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:47 PM
It's different when the pictures are of your child's father.
rvb146
by Gold Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:47 PM
The ex fiancé alone and some with him and her. It wouldn't hurt so much but he accidentally called me by her name. We've been together almost a year now. I understand that they were together for 4 years but why can't he at least change his slideshow on his laptop to not have her on it. I'm here now. This is us now. I'm tired of all these reminders of her.

Quoting Tooth_Inspector: No. My husband was married before, as was I. My ex died so I have a few pictures for my daughters but my husband got rid of all photos of his ex once we got married. Why have that threat and wonder in your marriage if that ex truly means nothing?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rvb146
by Gold Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:48 PM
So my feelings are understandable?

Quoting firespurity: It's different when the pictures are of your child's father.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hubris_Huntsman
by Platinum Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:48 PM
Neither dh nor I have any photos of ex's. If we did it would be because they still meant something to us.
-BluEydDvl-
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:49 PM
Mine does, but they're family pictures. His boys are in them too so I don't expect him to just throw them away. As do I have pictures of my ex that have him and my daughter together. Those are now hers to put in her photo album.
Mrsmayaguy
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:49 PM

if they are immature idiots yes.

my brother has  pics of all his exes. he is an ass too.

fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:49 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't know if he does and we have been married 16yrs but I still have all of mine and not getting rid of them.  They are part of my past why wouldn't I keep them, did that part of my life never occur suddenly because I got married?

rachellaree20
by Rachel on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:49 PM

It wouldnt' be normal for us.  I dont' have any pictures of any exes and my SO doesnt' either.  We don't have tons of pictures of each other though so idk.  The pictures you have of your son's father seem different to me though than pictures of just exes but that's just me.

Tooth_Inspector
by Platinum Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:50 PM
Wow, I can totally see how hurtful that is. He should be able to let go if she means nothing to him. The fact that she's part of his slideshow would piss me off too! Is he completely refusing to do anything about them?

Quoting rvb146: The ex fiancé alone and some with him and her. It wouldn't hurt so much but he accidentally called me by her name. We've been together almost a year now. I understand that they were together for 4 years but why can't he at least change his slideshow on his laptop to not have her on it. I'm here now. This is us now. I'm tired of all these reminders of her.

Quoting Tooth_Inspector: No. My husband was married before, as was I. My ex died so I have a few pictures for my daughters but my husband got rid of all photos of his ex once we got married. Why have that threat and wonder in your marriage if that ex truly means nothing?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)