Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Update/Added: Is it normal for men to keep photos of their exes?

Posted by   + Show Post
Does your current so, dh, boyfriend, etc still have photos of an ex around?

I've expressed my concerns to my boyfriend about his photos but he says they are to remind him of where he came from and his life experiences. I told him that they make me uncomfortable. He said he won't get rid of them and its not fair because I have pictures of my ex. But my ex is my fathers son. My boyfriend argues that because he isn't around anymore there is no point in keeping them. My son is two and doesn't remember him.

How would you feel? And is this normal for men or women to do?

Update - he deleted the photos on his laptop slideshow without me saying anything. He noticed and apologized. He doesn't use the laptop very much and forgot that those photos were on there.

And.... For the mothers who's child/ren's father is not your current DH, what did you do with the fathers photos? If your child's biological father is not in the picture, where are his photos now?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:44 PM
Replies (61-67):
curvygurl1912
by Renee on Mar. 11, 2014 at 12:45 AM

In frames and photo albums 

Quoting rvb146: Does your current so, dh, boyfriend, etc still have photos of an ex around? I've expressed my concerns to my boyfriend about his photos but he says they are to remind him of where he came from and his life experiences. I told him that they make me uncomfortable. He said he won't get rid of them and its not fair because I have pictures of my ex. But my ex is my fathers son. My boyfriend argues that because he isn't around anymore there is no point in keeping them. My son is two and doesn't remember him. How would you feel? And is this normal for men or women to do? Update - he deleted the photos on his laptop slideshow without me saying anything. He noticed and apologized. He doesn't use the laptop very much and forgot that those photos were on there. And.... For the mothers who's child/ren's father is not your current DH, what did you do with the fathers photos? If your child's biological father is not in the picture, where are his photos now?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Mar. 11, 2014 at 1:06 AM
We had a really cute picture of my husband's ex and all their kids hanging in the hall when the kids were growing up. It was a good memory for the kids , so why not? I have pictures of my ex for my sons and grandkids. We also have pictures of ex- boyfriends and girlfriends, they remind us of the stages we went through, to get to the point in life where we fell in love with each other. I also have a lot of the old cards that mt ex sent me when we were dating (in a box, in the basement) it is important to me that my sons know their bio parents were in love.
MarriedMyPrince
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 2:19 AM
My dh has pictures somewhere in this house of his daughters mom. I don't care though. Also he has pictures of his previous wife. That bugged me only when I knew we were getting married. He said he wanted to keep them because it reminded him of a happy time in his past. They are of his previous wedding with his ex. Still have them in this house somewhere. I don't care because if she hadn't hurt him so bad I wouldn't have exited to him. And we wouldn't have fallen in love. I wouldn't have shown him how much a woman can love him. And our son wouldn't exist. So he can keep his old photos and good memories. And know we both got the biggest prize "each other". In the end. he can keep his old photos and good memories in a box. And know we Will never be in that box Of Photos. We've been Through far to much and over come the odds for me to be upset over some photos.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Mar. 11, 2014 at 2:28 AM
My husband has pictures of his ex wife. They have no children together. He also has pictures of him with other exes.

I have pictures of my exes. No children with them.

We each keep them put up out of mind and out of site. Why? Because we had a past before each other. It doesn't disappear just because we got married and built a life together. If anything happens we will have a life without each other too.

It's called being a grown up and understanding you weren't their first and may not be their last. But that doesn't mean they want their past, the pictures are just there to tell the story. Memories for when your old and grey, on a rainy day.
I can't not wrap my head around anyone who has issues with none nude photographs. That's all they are, are photographs that tell a story
Princess_s21
by Sarah on Mar. 11, 2014 at 2:37 AM

My husband doesnt have any, but I have some of my ex from my teenage years, we were together a long time and friends along time before that, so he is in 10 years or so worth of family photos, they arent out and paraded around, they are in a box of photos at my parents house.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Mar. 11, 2014 at 2:39 AM
I kept pics of my ex, even our wedding pics. They will go to my kids when they're older. I may think hes a douche but hes a good dad so they can have them. My DH now has nothing when it comes to his ex lol
courtseanryan
by Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 11:43 AM

My ex had some old pics with girlfriends from when he was a teenager and said they were just memories from his past. I didn't really care they were here. Its not like they were hung on the wall or in his wallet. They were in a box with his old stuff from high school. I still have pics of my ex but they are in a box. My kids may want them as they get older.  I won't get rid of my pics from my wedding because my relatives who passed away are in them.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN