Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Dammed thieves

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2014 at 11:34 AM
  • 9 Replies

My husband is at work in Chicago.  He is remodling a 6 apt building.  Had his coat in one unit & ran to grab a different tool out of the car.  He closed the door, but didnt lock it as there isnt anything besides materials to steal.  He was gone 5min.  In that time someone went into the unit he was remodeling, stole his coat which had his wallet & car / house keys in it.  

There was no money in it, but the credit cars, foid card, DL, social, are gone.  I'm so mad for him.  It sucks as he just started this job last week.  We are barely making it & this may cause him to lose this job.  

Dammed people need to keep their hands to themselves & not take things that dont belong to them.  

by on Mar. 11, 2014 at 11:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 11:35 AM

that sucks :( i'd never leave the door unlocked, though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 11, 2014 at 11:35 AM
He needs to learn to lock things up when he is in Chicago. Damn.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Mar. 11, 2014 at 11:35 AM
1 mom liked this
That sucks! It's a pain in the ass to get stuff replaced.

And it's damN.
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 11:37 AM

NEVER put your social security card in your wallet!!

highlandmum
by Spunky on Mar. 11, 2014 at 11:38 AM

Just to be on the safe side change your locks.  If they have his wallet they have his ID so they know where he lives. 

momto2boys3215
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 11:39 AM

He was inside a building that has a locked door.  Someone inside the building stole it.  The police are now going door to door to hopefully find it.  No-one is supposed to be living there, there is other people working in the building as well.  

He should have locked the door, but besides his coat they couldnt have stolen anything in the unit, so there was no reason to lock the door.  

Quoting Anonymous: He needs to learn to lock things up when he is in Chicago. Damn.

HousewifeNina
by Platinum Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 11:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Thieves are scum.
momto2boys3215
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 11:42 AM

They dont have our current address, we just moved & havent had the $30 (each) to change the DL address thankfully.  I also doubt they would drive over an hour to a small town to burglarize us, especially since someone is always home.  

Quoting highlandmum:

Just to be on the safe side change your locks.  If they have his wallet they have his ID so they know where he lives. 

RonaH
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 11:47 AM

I would be more concerned with Identity theft since they have everything they need. You might want to notify the credit reporting companies to put a alert hold on opening any accounts. I would do that ASAP. People are scum there is no doubt about it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN