Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

UGH, your kid is too old, get your kid out of here!

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2014 at 5:31 PM
  • 317 Replies
24 moms liked this

So, my kids are now all teenagers except my youngest is now eight. For the past year I have had to explain to my eight year old that she is simply too old for those baby / mall play areas really designed for kids six and under.

I also remember as my kids grew up between the parks, play centers, and other places older kids playing in the younger kids sections. I find this very annoying! They push the little ones out of the way because they are slow or babies or whatever. Seriously, why does your big ass kid need to be in the area designed for six and under? 

Sometimes I find kids as old as 10 playing in TODDLER areas. SERIOUSLY?

by on Mar. 11, 2014 at 5:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzanneyea
by on Mar. 11, 2014 at 5:32 PM

My toddler won't even play in the toddler area.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Mar. 11, 2014 at 5:33 PM

why?

Quoting suzanneyea:

My toddler won't even play in the toddler area.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 11, 2014 at 5:33 PM
54 moms liked this

My 10 year old has the mental and physical ability of a 3 year old so she doesn't understand why she can't play in those areas. If the place isn't very busy I will let her go play and yes I get the looks for letting "my big ass kid" play in there.

CorbinsMumma
by Ruby Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 5:34 PM
I have that problem when i bring corbin to the mall. 4 larger preteen children were running around the area for toddlers. One was so close to kicking him in the face before i grabbed the kid
thetrollcat
by Meow on Mar. 11, 2014 at 5:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Im sorry but those toys are designed for young kids not older kids/. Seriuosly the slides are freaking tiny....

Quoting Anonymous:

My 10 year old has the mental and physical ability of a 3 year old so she doesn't understand why she can't play in those areas. If the place isn't very busy I will let her go play and yes I get the looks for letting "my big ass kid" play in there.

wonderstruck11
by on Mar. 11, 2014 at 5:34 PM
6 moms liked this
I HATE going to a play place and seeing big kids in the toddler section! That happens at McDonalds all the time. Then my toddler gets trampled because the big kids don't watch where their going and the parents never pay attention. I had to yell at this one kid once for pulling my 2 year old around. She was 8 and pulled DDs arm so hard that DD fell off the platform. I was livid. The mom was over in a corner playing on her phone.
CorbinsMumma
by Ruby Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 5:34 PM
6 moms liked this
Fine. As long as shes playing nicely and not shoving kids a third of her size

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 11, 2014 at 5:34 PM
1 mom liked this

wait a sec, I thought you were the one looking for pajamas without feet for a younger child. I must have confused you with someone else.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Mar. 11, 2014 at 5:35 PM

LOL I wish, I can barely get her to wear a night gown much less a onzie

Quoting Anonymous:

wait a sec, I thought you were the one looking for pajamas without feet for a younger child. I must have confused you with someone else.

mommaFruFru
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 5:35 PM
10 moms liked this
My older 2 play in there with my toddler. But we don't go anywhere during busy times. And if more than w or 3 other children do show up I tell them to go play on the swings for awhile .

And if I ever saw them push or rush past a small child there would be hell to pay!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN