Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

if you are a sahm.. what does..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 81 Replies
If you are a sahm what does your husband do? What is the cost of living like where you live?

Currently my husband is in the military and I am a sahm. It is so important to both of us that one f us is available full time for our boys. We live comfortably and are able to save money. He is considering getting out in a few years and I'm not sure that we will be able to afford to do that if he gets out. We want to move back to our home town in new England where the cost of living is super high. I am interested to know ow other people do it.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:11 AM
He is military and oilfield. Cost of living here is stupid high.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:13 AM
My dh got fired in Feb. But for now I'm still home and he's looking for work. We was a bus driver for the city. I'm not sure the cost of living compared to other places. We rent a house for 1200 a month
Cbreland07
by CranioMama on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:13 AM
My husband is an audio visual engineer.. We've got 3 kids and live comfortably as well. Cost of living I'm ms isn't super high though so it's easier to save money.
We still budget though, only eat out every once in a while, save to buy things instead of credit, stuff like that
lUcKyLoVe22
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:13 AM
My husband builds oilfield tools. The cost of living is expensive where I am. We make ends meet but that's it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:14 AM

My husband is a factory worker for one of the big three. The cost of living is very low here and I am very thrifty. We live comfortably and are quite content with our situation.

zoo003
by Platinum Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:15 AM

My dh is a police officer and our state has a pretty high cost of living.  We are not living paycheck to paycheck and we are able to put money into savings after all of our bills are taken out of each paycheck, so it works for us. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:15 AM

He's an engineer. The median household income in my city is $89,000. He makes $100,000 - $150,000 depending on how much side engineering work he picks up throughout the year. 

justinnaimee
by Ruby Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:15 AM
He works in oil. We live in s Texas where the cost of living is moderately low.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:16 AM

He is in the military. Cost of living is average where we live. I guess.

curvygurl1912
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:16 AM

I don't have a husband.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)