Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm going to become a bank teller!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies
Woohoo!!!

I'm so happy I got the job!!!
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsFauxPerfect
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:20 AM
Congratulations!
MonkeyNbug
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:21 AM
It's a good job. Congrats!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh man, get ready for the crazies!!! People are insane about their money. I was a financial services rep (new accts and investments) for a few years and I had people flip out over being off by 1 cent.

Best piece of advice I ever received was this:
WHEN THE MONEY BEGINS TO LOOK LIKE MONEY, IT'S TIME TO QUIT.

I went through several robberies, including hostile takeovers, and most were inside jobs. If you see money as anything other than paper then it becomes a problem. So, if you do get robbed just remember it's insured and not your money....just hand it over.
KayelynnsMama
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:27 AM

Congrats!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:30 AM
Congrats! My daughter just quit her bank teller job. She hated it. Hopefully, your experience is better. I think I would like it.
quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:31 AM
I keep wondering if I should transition over to working for a bank. Then I see stuff like this about getting robbed. I work with and for thieves but they just embezzle shit, no weapons involved.

Quoting Anonymous: Oh man, get ready for the crazies!!! People are insane about their money. I was a financial services rep (new accts and investments) for a few years and I had people flip out over being off by 1 cent.

I went through several robberies, including hostile takeovers, and most were inside jobs. If you see money as anything other than paper then it becomes a problem. So, if you do get robbed just remember it's insured and not your money....just hand it over.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:33 AM
Thank you for the advice:) I live in a bigger city and that was one of my worries.

Quoting Anonymous: Oh man, get ready for the crazies!!! People are insane about their money. I was a financial services rep (new accts and investments) for a few years and I had people flip out over being off by 1 cent.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:34 AM
I really hope it's the job for me. Plus it pays very good too. :) now I need to find some work clothes from the churches:) I can't wait!

Quoting Anonymous: Congrats! My daughter just quit her bank teller job. She hated it. Hopefully, your experience is better. I think I would like it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:35 AM
Robbers never bothered with my side of the branch. They wanted the tellers. It's never wise to work at a branch near a freeway entrance. They get robbed almost every Friday. Eventually our company just installed double bullet proof doors that allowed one person in at a time and if we got robbed and they exited we could trap them. It was kind of hilarious. Jackasses!!!

Quoting quickbooksworm: I keep wondering if I should transition over to working for a bank. Then I see stuff like this about getting robbed. I work with and for thieves but they just embezzle shit, no weapons involved.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:37 AM

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)