Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids college funds?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 39 Replies

How old are your kids?

Do you plan to fund their college education?

How much do you think they will need?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Heisenberg
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:40 AM
1 mom liked this

My kids are 5 and 3. We will not be paying for their college.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:40 AM
He is almost 9 months, we will fund it, he will need about 175,000 dollars for 4 years in state
sugieboogieboo
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:40 AM
My boys are 1 and 2. We're assuming between quarter to half a mil. I doubt we fund it all, but we plan to do what we can. We put DH's bonus into their college fund each year, which is anywhere between 10 and 40 k.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:40 AM
I plan to let them have the option of continuing living at home receiving basic necessities. They can work part time and apply for scholarships to pay tuition...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:41 AM

we have a 15 month old and a 11 year old. we are not paying for them to go to college. they on their own.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:43 AM
My kids are 8 and 3 but I don't think we will be paying for there school. Dh and I haven't talked about it. I guess they can live at home. That's how we will help if they want it. Our parents didn't pay for our school but we didn't finish school so I'm glad our parents did pay for anythi.g
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:44 AM

dd is 17 and we are paying for it in full.  She is going to state schools and they are very affordable here.  We believe part of being a good parent is helping your child get a higher education.   HS only is not good enough anymore.  They need some tech training OR college after HS..  She knew from a very young age she was going to college, end of story.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:44 AM
I figured since Obama put in all kinds of breaks for minorities, mine will be going for next to nothing since he will still be in office. At least I should benefit from my tax dollars finally.
Leissaintexas
by Emerald Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:45 AM
I'm not paying for an adult to go to college. After graduation, they are on their own.
FelineTopic
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:45 AM
2 moms liked this
My daughter is paying her own way through college. She does her financial aids, scholarships, work studies on her own. The only thing we do is help her move in at the beginning of the term and move out at the end of the term. We also help here out with groceries and gas money.

She is at the end of her sophmore year. From what I have seen, the kids who have mommy and daddy paying their way are the ones who barely show up for class, party they hardest and loudest and are the most annoying roommates...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)