Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you say to that?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
My ex husband picked up out daughter after he got off work yesterday. He took her to his friends house to pick out some clothes that they were gonna donate. On the drive home he tell her I wish we could be a family again. ( we have 3 kids together) he said he wished we would be in one house and happy like we used to be. She just now told me. He also said he wishes I would forget the past when we were together. I just said I love your dad! I always will. We just weren't good together. I wish the same. For now I'm happy the way things are. :( it made me feel kind of sad.

We split and divorced 4 years ago. He fathered 2 children out side of our marriage. I tried to stay and look past it but I just didn't trust him. So I got myself out. He has a GF that lives with him and I thought they were happy. I'm still single and don't have any plans of dating anytime soon. Idk what to say to my daughter. She's 13 by the way.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:53 AM
1 mom liked this
Could he possibly be trying to manipulate her into making it sound like the divorce wasn't his fault? My dad did stuff like that.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:53 AM

You already told her all you need to tell her.

Your EX on the other hand is a assphat for saying stuff like that to her. It sounds  to me that he is trying to get her to try and convince  you to give him another chance. Which is WRONG for him to try and manipulate her like that

Quoting Anonymous: My ex husband picked up out daughter after he got off work yesterday. He took her to his friends house to pick out some clothes that they were gonna donate. On the drive home he tell her I wish we could be a family again. ( we have 3 kids together) he said he wished we would be in one house and happy like we used to be. She just now told me. He also said he wishes I would forget the past when we were together. I just said I love your dad! I always will. We just weren't good together. I wish the same. For now I'm happy the way things are. :( it made me feel kind of sad. We split and divorced 4 years ago. He fathered 2 children out side of our marriage. I tried to stay and look past it but I just didn't trust him. So I got myself out. He has a GF that lives with him and I thought they were happy. I'm still single and don't have any plans of dating anytime soon. Idk what to say to my daughter. She's 13 by the way.

MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:54 AM

I would simply explain that sometimes you can love someone but that it doesnt mean you should be together.  I would also explain that sometimes when trust is lost that it can be very difficult to regain and in some cases it just cannot be regained.  Infidelity is a deal breaker for me and I couldnt trust again and wouldnt live in the world of "what ifs" because that trust is broken.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:57 AM
Very well said. I will have a better talk with her about this. I was taken by surprise when she said "mom I have to tell you something, please don't tell dad i told you" I was like omg what! Then she said that to me.

Quoting MixedCooke:

I would simply explain that sometimes you can love someone but that it doesnt mean you should be together.  I would also explain that sometimes when trust is lost that it can be very difficult to regain and in some cases it just cannot be regained.  Infidelity is a deal breaker for me and I couldnt trust again and wouldnt live in the world of "what ifs" because that trust is broken.

wickedfiress
by Platinum Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:57 AM
What a dick.

Living with someone else, yet professing his lingering feelings for you.

No wonder he's an ex.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:59 AM
Sassy I wanna give you his number lol jk

Quoting Sassy762:

You already told her all you need to tell her.

Your EX on the other hand is a assphat for saying stuff like that to her. It sounds  to me that he is trying to get her to try and convince  you to give him another chance. Which is WRONG for him to try and manipulate her like that

Quoting Anonymous: My ex husband picked up out daughter after he got off work yesterday. He took her to his friends house to pick out some clothes that they were gonna donate. On the drive home he tell her I wish we could be a family again. ( we have 3 kids together) he said he wished we would be in one house and happy like we used to be. She just now told me. He also said he wishes I would forget the past when we were together. I just said I love your dad! I always will. We just weren't good together. I wish the same. For now I'm happy the way things are. :( it made me feel kind of sad.

We split and divorced 4 years ago. He fathered 2 children out side of our marriage. I tried to stay and look past it but I just didn't trust him. So I got myself out. He has a GF that lives with him and I thought they were happy. I'm still single and don't have any plans of dating anytime soon. Idk what to say to my daughter. She's 13 by the way.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:00 AM
Yup. He's sneaky! They broke up once and when they got back together she told me "he used to be sneaky" I told her no he didn't used to be sneaky HE IS SNEAKY! Hello!

Quoting wickedfiress: What a dick.

Living with someone else, yet professing his lingering feelings for you.

No wonder he's an ex.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)