Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frustrated...

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:51 AM
  • 14 Replies

Wondering how common this is.. Do you have many reliable friends, or are most of them flakey? I have always had a few flakey friends, but it seems like 90% of the people I meet these days are like that. I seroiusly have friends who will make plans to hang out, then I will message them to ask about it or go to meet up and they don't show up or respond for days or weeks even. Then, they get ahold of me and act like nothing is wrong. I don't really expect an apology, just for there to be some acknowledgement. Especially since I can be a worry-wart kind of, and have completely lost friends or had things happen to them without knowing for awhile.

by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:04 AM
1 mom liked this

I seem to be a magnet for "takers" when it comes to friendships.  Im always there when they need me but they are never there when I need them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:05 AM
I have no friends
lUcKyLoVe22
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:07 AM
My "best friend" is like that. I haven't seen her in 9 months yet she's always making plans to spend time together. I'm so over it and about ready to tell her to kick rocks.
wickedfiress
by Platinum Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:07 AM
Those are not friends, they're acquaintances.
ame85
by Chemistry cat on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:08 AM
I have 2 very close friends. One is 2000 miles away yet we talk daily. The other I see weekly, we rotate driving to each other's house.

Other than that, yeah I've had a few flakes. I hope you can find a balanced friendship!
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:08 AM

Those are the people you ignore and stay away from

alymommy1
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:09 AM
I have no real friends... I thought I did but calling them flakes is the nicest thing I can say about them!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:11 AM
It seems I have no friends. My BFF always says she will get together but then has no time, however is always posting happy hour facebook pics. Maybe I'm just a little jealous because all I do is sonic happy hour.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:16 AM

I am that flaky friend. I'm too polite to say no but I'll cancel plans and make up a lame excuse. I just don't like to "go hang out".

firebird78
by JKL's mom on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:18 AM
I have one friend
She lives in another part of the country
I got rid of everyone else
Too much drama-or trouble
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)