Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this bad?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

while doing sit ip or crunches, I put my feet under something to hold me down.. is this bad?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:31 AM
Yes you are relying on your leg muscles not your stomach when you do them that way.
jaycam
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:32 AM
I dont know. I do however know that a lot of people do it. I use to now I dont do them at all.
jaycam
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:37 AM
Not trying to start anything just want to ask how is it relying on your leg muscles and not your stomach? Your still relying on your stomach muscles to come up.

Quoting Anonymous: Yes you are relying on your leg muscles not your stomach when you do them that way.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:40 AM

BUMP

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:41 AM
Try doing one holding your feet then not holding your feet
If your feet need to be held you can feel the muscles on top of your thighs pulling. If you are using only your stomach there's no need for the feet to be held. The leg muscles aren't being used.

Quoting jaycam: Not trying to start anything just want to ask how is it relying on your leg muscles and not your stomach? Your still relying on your stomach muscles to come up.

Quoting Anonymous: Yes you are relying on your leg muscles not your stomach when you do them that way.
jaycam
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:07 AM
I can't do them anymore. The last time I tried I kinda got stuck and had to roll over to my stomach to get up. The muscles on the right side no longer work due to a few surgeries I had to have a few years ago. I have done them both ways though and can't really remember if I ever felt a pulling in my thighs.

Quoting Anonymous: Try doing one holding your feet then not holding your feet
If your feet need to be held you can feel the muscles on top of your thighs pulling. If you are using only your stomach there's no need for the feet to be held. The leg muscles aren't being used.

Quoting jaycam: Not trying to start anything just want to ask how is it relying on your leg muscles and not your stomach? Your still relying on your stomach muscles to come up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)