Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am worried

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
I am divorced and finally moved out of my ex's home. I moved out while he was at work today just to avoid arguing with my ex. Well he's peed off because supposedly I snuck our son out of the home. Told me I was f**** up for that. He didn't get a chance to say goodbye. I reminded him that it was our mutal agreement that he can see him whenever he wanted. He asked to have tonight and he will take a vacation day. Thinking it was a little soon for that considering I just moved in our apartment but I said sure because I needed to unpack. I am worried that he's going to take him and not return him. So I have been texting my ex like crazy too see how he is doing. I just have this gut feeling. Please reassure me I am just worrying for nothing.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Meanolduglyoldm
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:46 AM
Unless he has a job that can transfer him or an unlimited supply of money, you are probably over reacting. I can understand why, though. How old is your son, what is the custody order say? This is the most passionate time after a divorce, things will settle down soon.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:46 AM

I would try not to panic. Has he replied to your messages and given a time of when hes dropping him off?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:47 AM
He has been replying to my txts. Not an exact time but he said early afternoon

Quoting Anonymous:

I would try not to panic. Has he replied to your messages and given a time of when hes dropping him off?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:49 AM
He is 2 and we didn't do a custody order. Ex's schedule isn't flexible so we agreed he would stay with me and he can take his son whenever.

Quoting Meanolduglyoldm: Unless he has a job that can transfer him or an unlimited supply of money, you are probably over reacting. I can understand why, though. How old is your son, what is the custody order say? This is the most passionate time after a divorce, things will settle down soon.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:53 AM

I can understand you worrying, Ive have been in the situation and when my ex had my son and wouldnt reply I would start to panic, It turned out fine. Try not to think about missing your son and focus on unpacking and getting settled, tomorrow will come around soon enough and I think you will be fine. 

It will get a lot easier. Maybe talk to him about days and times each of you will have and get it in writting as soon as possible. Just for assurance. Good Luck in your new apartment.

Quoting Anonymous: I am divorced and finally moved out of my ex's home. I moved out while he was at work today just to avoid arguing with my ex. Well he's peed off because supposedly I snuck our son out of the home. Told me I was f**** up for that. He didn't get a chance to say goodbye. I reminded him that it was our mutal agreement that he can see him whenever he wanted. He asked to have tonight and he will take a vacation day. Thinking it was a little soon for that considering I just moved in our apartment but I said sure because I needed to unpack. I am worried that he's going to take him and not return him. So I have been texting my ex like crazy too see how he is doing. I just have this gut feeling. Please reassure me I am just worrying for nothing.

Bleacher-mom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:54 AM
What is the custody arrangement?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:58 AM
As I have said before we are not doing it the legal court way. It's a mess. But since my ex's schedule isn't flexible,ds will stay with me and my ex can have him whenever he has the chance

Quoting Bleacher-mom: What is the custody arrangement?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:59 AM
Thank you! I can't wait for this fresh start

Quoting Anonymous:

I can understand you worrying, Ive have been in the situation and when my ex had my son and wouldnt reply I would start to panic, It turned out fine. Try not to think about missing your son and focus on unpacking and getting settled, tomorrow will come around soon enough and I think you will be fine. 

It will get a lot easier. Maybe talk to him about days and times each of you will have and get it in writting as soon as possible. Just for assurance. Good Luck in your new apartment.

Quoting Anonymous: I am divorced and finally moved out of my ex's home. I moved out while he was at work today just to avoid arguing with my ex. Well he's peed off because supposedly I snuck our son out of the home. Told me I was f**** up for that. He didn't get a chance to say goodbye. I reminded him that it was our mutal agreement that he can see him whenever he wanted. He asked to have tonight and he will take a vacation day. Thinking it was a little soon for that considering I just moved in our apartment but I said sure because I needed to unpack. I am worried that he's going to take him and not return him. So I have been texting my ex like crazy too see how he is doing. I just have this gut feeling. Please reassure me I am just worrying for nothing.

Bleacher-mom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:03 AM
Quoting Anonymous: As I have said before we are not doing it the legal court way. It's a mess. But since my ex's schedule isn't flexible,ds will stay with me and my ex can have him whenever he has the chance

Quoting Bleacher-mom: What is the custody arrangement?

I'm sure it will be fine, good luck to you.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)