Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My first tattoo

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 5:59 AM
  • 14 Replies

Mobile Photo

I got my first tattoo yesterday. I'm not big on tattoos but this one I need as a reminder.

Before Christmas my husband left me. My mom is dying from a rare illness and is end stages. Basically a vegetable with a working brain. It sucks. My dad was found unconscious end of January by my moms care aid. He had a massive brain bleed. He coded in the transfer ambulance. I was told to say goodbye. He recovered. He has no mobility on his left side and is tube fed but awake, talking, and doing good. I had to put my mom in a nursing home as she needs 24/h care and I couldn't do that. My dd age 5 has ADHD sensory processing and anxiety. She is failing kindergarden. They think mild autism. Her twin brother is FTM transgender. He is working on some anger issues. My youngest dd age 4 is dealing with being the youngest and left out.

Well everyone keeps telling me how strong I am. I'm exhausted. I got this tattoo to remind myself of my inner strength and how I can keep going on.
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 5:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Mar. 12, 2014 at 6:01 AM
I love it! I'm wishing you and your family all the best.
Momma3220
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 6:02 AM
I Should get a tattoo like that . I feel like im at a breaking point. Then i see my babygirl and i remember why im staying strong.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 6:04 AM

Strengths.... ??? Is it suppose to say Strength? That little squiggly at the end probably should have been omitted...... Is that suppose to make a heart shape? Sure looks like a lowercase s..... Maybe get the heart / squiggly colored in red so people don't see "Strengths" on your wrist? ..... good luck!

FlyingHottie
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 6:05 AM
I wear my watch on my right wrist so I got it on my left. I'm so happy with it. Took a month and a bit researching artists and finding one I liked and clicked with. Checking health ratings.
The tattoo artist gave me her personal cell number to txt or call with any issues.

Quoting Momma3220: I Should get a tattoo like that . I feel like im at a breaking point. Then i see my babygirl and i remember why im staying strong.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 6:06 AM
Transgender at age 5? Hmm not buying it
Momma3220
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 6:08 AM
Im here if u ever need me as well. .feel free to add or msg me whenever u need me β™₯

Quoting FlyingHottie: I wear my watch on my right wrist so I got it on my left. I'm so happy with it. Took a month and a bit researching artists and finding one I liked and clicked with. Checking health ratings.
The tattoo artist gave me her personal cell number to txt or call with any issues.

Quoting Momma3220: I Should get a tattoo like that . I feel like im at a breaking point. Then i see my babygirl and i remember why im staying strong.
auntyag
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 6:10 AM
It looks good. I want to get one in that area for my ds. He's a leo so I have been looking for a lion cub pic that I would like.

Stay strong
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 6:11 AM
I'm so sorry for your circumstances. It's a lot to take on at once.

I am curious about the story behind your transgender child. How did this come out, just wondering because he is so young. How did he tell you he was in the wrong body?.

I want an elephant because they are my favorite, but also because they symbolize mental strength, maternal feelings...it just feels perfect.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 6:14 AM
Ikr?

Quoting Anonymous: Transgender at age 5? Hmm not buying it
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 6:15 AM
Dont forget to research the trunk for your tattoo. I see that mistake a lot

Quoting Anonymous: I'm so sorry for your circumstances. It's a lot to take on at once.

I am curious about the story behind your transgender child. How did this come out, just wondering because he is so young. How did he tell you he was in the wrong body?.

I want an elephant because they are my favorite, but also because they symbolize mental strength, maternal feelings...it just feels perfect.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)