Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I didn't want to see it!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

Ok, so a little back story. I ruined DF proposal (years ago). Not on purpose, but I found out mostly because him & his brother were kinda obvious... Anyway he ended up proposing a day before he was going too, and his actual plan got all messed up. So that has always kind of been of joke, but bothered him none the less.

We went a few weeks ago to a jewerler in the mall just to kill some time. We looked at engagement rings, wedding band sets, etc.  That was it.

Well I am in charge of all the mail. I pay the bills, I do the family calendar, etc. He doesn't ever open mail even if it's addressed to him. I do. Well....

Yesterday he got a letter, looked like it might be an invitation to somewhere. So I opened it. It was from Jared (the store) and had a hand written note that said thanks for coming, look forward to seeing you soon, call me if you have any questions signed by some guy.

AHHH there I go again. Ruining surprises!!!!

I felt really bad for seeing it, so I gave it too him when he got home. I played completely dumb, and said that jewelry store from the mall sent us something..I guess they really want us to buy something. I left it at that and continued making dinner.

We didn't go to Jared, lol. He bought it, and I am very happy he did because I really didn't want to discourage him because he always says he can't surprise me. I am in charge of money etc so basically I know everything haha. It works for us, until he wants to surprise me! 

He had a silly little smirk/smile when he actually read the letter like he got away with something. It was cute.

Now I want to know what he was acutally looking at! It might be a new ring, but I really hope it's a chain for my necklace he bought me 8 years ago. The chain is broken.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
katydid150
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:56 AM

I do the same thing. I'm in charge of our money, but I play dumb so DH can surprise me. 

copperked
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:58 AM
Damn. It's kind of stupid for a jewelry store to send out thank yous like that, actually. I wonder just how many surprises they've ruined. Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:59 AM

I felt so bad. I called my mom after I opened it like WHAT DO I DO?? I really didn't want to bum him out lol. Thank goodness he believed I just thought it was from that other place haha

Quoting katydid150:

I do the same thing. I'm in charge of our money, but I play dumb so DH can surprise me. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:00 AM

Right!?? My mom said the same thing. I was so mad at the jewerlers, but I can't say anything!! I wanted to call and yell at them haha

Quoting copperked: Damn. It's kind of stupid for a jewelry store to send out thank yous like that, actually. I wonder just how many surprises they've ruined. Lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:04 AM

Would you call the jewerlers and say something if it was you?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:12 AM
I work at Jared's. We send out "Thanks for stopping in notes" to people who come in and look, but don't buy. The handwritten note is basically to say "I've spent two hours showing you rings, come back and buy something from me so I can make some $$$."

So, very sorry, he did not buy you a ring. But it sounds like he's looking at them.

Quoting copperked: Damn. It's kind of stupid for a jewelry store to send out thank yous like that, actually. I wonder just how many surprises they've ruined. Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:15 AM

Lol duh. I never said he bought anything.... It's still very stupid to send out letters.

Quoting Anonymous: I work at Jared's. We send out "Thanks for stopping in notes" to people who come in and look, but don't buy. The handwritten note is basically to say "I've spent two hours showing you rings, come back and buy something from me so I can make some $$$." So, very sorry, he did not buy you a ring. But it sounds like he's looking at them.

copperked
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Maybe you should show this post to your bosses because, honestly, if Dh or I were looking for something special for each other and the store sent a note that ruined the surprise, we would definitely not go back there. We would consider that a lack of descretion.

Quoting Anonymous: I work at Jared's. We send out "Thanks for stopping in notes" to people who come in and look, but don't buy. The handwritten note is basically to say "I've spent two hours showing you rings, come back and buy something from me so I can make some $$$."

So, very sorry, he did not buy you a ring. But it sounds like he's looking at them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:40 AM

Completely agree with this.

Quoting copperked: Maybe you should show this post to your bosses because, honestly, if Dh or I were looking for something special for each other and the store sent a note that ruined the surprise, we would definitely not go back there. We would consider that a lack of descretion.
Quoting Anonymous: I work at Jared's. We send out "Thanks for stopping in notes" to people who come in and look, but don't buy. The handwritten note is basically to say "I've spent two hours showing you rings, come back and buy something from me so I can make some $$$." So, very sorry, he did not buy you a ring. But it sounds like he's looking at them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)