Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Your child is to old to get Easter baskets!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 693 Replies
11 moms liked this
That is what my friend told me...my oldest is 14 and he still gets a Easter basket...I told my friend that I didnt realize Easter had a cut off age..Do you still continue doing baskets once their teens? We do themes...
This year the theme is camping so The younger two will get some nice new sleeping bags, oldest will get a new tent (he needs a bigger one) camping chairs, hobo utensil set, bathing suits, mess kits, flashlights and some candy...
Last year it was fishing..They got new poles, tackle boxes, nets, and tackle
year before it was new bikes and helmets....

my kids are 14 DS 11 DS and 7DD

These items are all items I need to buy them anyways for a big camping trip that we have planned this summer, so we just give it to them for Easter :)
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:14 AM
54 moms liked this

Sleeping bags and tents for Easter gifts? Whatever happened to small Easter baskets with trinkets? Sounds like you're spending a lot of money here, and wasn't it just Christmas fairly recently?

beerabitch69
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:14 AM
They are 12 and 13. No they don't get them anymore. I stopped at around 9 and 10.
danie24
by Ruby Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:14 AM
53 moms liked this

I will always give my kids Easter Baskets.

My parents still give my sisters and I baskets.. and MIL still gives hubby and his sisters baskets. LOL - we will never be too old for chocolates and presents :)

tpalvado
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:15 AM
2 moms liked this

My kids are still little so i'm not sure about that but I do remember the last time I got an easter basket, I was 12. If you still want to get older kids an easter basket, I say go for it! Forget what people say or think

Pink.Frosting
by Ruby Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:15 AM
8 moms liked this

My kids are 16 and 17 and they still get Easter presents.  It may not be in an actual basket, but they still get them.  My mom still gave me Easter gifts after I was grown and married, lol.  So no, there isn't a cut off age.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:15 AM
11 moms liked this
I got easter baskets until I moved out! Always loved it. But ours were just candy and stuff not a second christmas.
anjones09
by Ash on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:16 AM
7 moms liked this
I'm almost 27 and my mom and mil still get me a chocolate bunny. I don't think you're ever too old for an Easter basket. For an egg hunt I can understand.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:16 AM
2 moms liked this
My parents got me an Easter basket until I got married at 21. It was fun, who cares what other people think.
Pnukey
by Jenn on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:16 AM
11 moms liked this

Poppycock! You're never too old for an Easter Basket. Easter has THE BEST CANDY of all the holidays!

My kids are 8 and 14 and they will definitely be getting a basket this year.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:16 AM
2 moms liked this
My son is 17, he still gets an Easter basket and always will.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)