Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wouldn't You... (CPS related)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies
Do anything you could possibly do to get your children back if CPS removed them from the home?

I have a client who refuses to get a mental evaluation. Since the judge has ordered this three times and he refuses, they may not get their child back.

This families dd was removed from the home because of sexual abuse allegations.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:53 AM
2 moms liked this
Yes but in this case it's a good thing he isn't doing what it takes to get his child back because it sounds like a horrible situation.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:55 AM
Oh I fully agree, I'm not pushing for reunification in this case ... however the father is making the choice easier and easier. The mom is in full compliance, but not the father.

The mom is in complete denial that anything happened.

Quoting owl0210: Yes but in this case it's a good thing he isn't doing what it takes to get his child back because it sounds like a horrible situation.
ladybugchick317
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:59 AM

I would do anything.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:01 AM
1 mom liked this
I know I did everything, including a mental evaluation and random weekly drug tests, to get my dd back.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:19 AM
It's why I don't understand it. I see people in court all the time that lose their children because of non-compliance. I feel bad, but you've got to think of the children.
RocknRoll.Rose
by Ruby Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:23 AM

Personally, I think CPS makes it too easy on parents. My mother fought to get me back multiple times, after CPS took me. Then she would just abuse me again. At first, I thought it was a sign that she loved me teep down but I realized that she just needed someone to abuse. She needed someone to pimp out for her drugs. Maybe he shouldn't have his kids back if he won't cooperate. Maybe he doesn't want CPS to find out that he is a pedophile.

Conner

Wyatt and Tabitha

"The baby girl without a chance. A victim of circumstance. The one who ought to give up but she's just too hard headed. A single mom who works two jobs, who loves her kids and never stops, with gentle hands and the heart of a fighter. I'm a survivor"
VicVinegar
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:25 AM

And let me guess the mother of said child is choosing him over her own daughter?

KayelynnsMama
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:25 AM

I would.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:26 AM
I would do anything! No questions. I would even leave my so I can't believe how many people don't do anything to get there child back...
VicVinegar
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:27 AM

I'm so sorry you had to have a monster for a mother. No child should have to worry about their own mother abusing them

Quoting RocknRoll.Rose:

Personally, I think CPS makes it too easy on parents. My mother fought to get me back multiple times, after CPS took me. Then she would just abuse me again. At first, I thought it was a sign that she loved me teep down but I realized that she just needed someone to abuse. She needed someone to pimp out for her drugs. Maybe he shouldn't have his kids back if he won't cooperate. Maybe he doesn't want CPS to find out that he is a pedophile.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)